Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Shepherd
Canada
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to do some GeekModding and be a decent chap about it, but I've just run into a solid block of 17 images where somebody has photographed a map, and then added coloured arrows in Photoshop or whatnot to show every play of a 17-turn game.

I'm not sure where this falls on the spectrum of things. It doesn't seem to be an overt violation of any rule, but it does seem to be a hacky way of mining for GeekGold, and when I look for images for a game (personally) I don't want to have to burrow through dozens of screens of arrow-laden maps to find something relevant (like pictures of components, etc.).

Is this sort of thing acceptable/generally okayed, or am I right to deny it as "Too Similar"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think that one of the main reasons that the personal galleries were added was that "session report photos" would be better off there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems unnecessary to clutter the DB with them.

The user should put them in their personal bucket if they want to put them into a review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I would decline them for the same reason....they belong in the user's personal gallery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane B
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
echo: Personal Gallery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.