Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Come back Bale...
badge
In 'Arry we trust!
mbmbmbmb
I feel we were playing this game wrong, but I could have just missed something in the rules.

Is the palace that the Maharaja is in at the start of the round the one that is definately going to score? Or can you change the track order to move the top govenor down and the one that is underneath it up to the top scoring it over and over if you keep chosing that action round after round.

PLEASE tell me I got this wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roderick Schertler
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The one the Maharaja is in is the one which is definitely going to score. Moving the governer at the top is possible but it doesn't change which is going to score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Peek
United States
Preston
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yep, you played it wrong. The governor at the top can be moved down, but it only moves down two spaces, and the ones below it are moved up to fill in the gap, in other words, the second and third become the first and second from the top, and the former number one is now number three.
It sounds like you were playing it that you swap the places of the various governors, and that is NOT the case.
Whichever space the maharaja is on is the city that will score at the end of the turn. The governor action is merely setting up which space he will move to for the following turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nomadic Gamer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, (IIRC) the gap is filled at then END of the turn, so 2 moves (4 spaces)cuts in front of city scoring this turn.
Just move the chit to the BACK of the line to avoid confusion at the start of the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just read the rules for the first time last night, and from what I can tell there is no way for player actions to change which city will score on the current turn.

The very first thing that happens on each turn is the Maharaja travels. This action involves moving the Maharaja piece to the city matching the governor on the bottom of the track, then moving the bottom governor chit to the top. After that, players select their actions. Choosing and executing the action that moves governors on the track is only affecting future Maharaja moves.

There is actually an example of this in the rulebook. At the beginning of the sample turn, the Maharaja moves to city A. During the turn, one player rearranges the governor track. This action does not change the fact that city A is scored at the end of the turn, because the Maharaja has already moved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Cheng
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
I just read the rules for the first time last night, and from what I can tell there is no way for player actions to change which city will score on the current turn.

The very first thing that happens on each turn is the Maharaja travels. This action involves moving the Maharaja piece to the city matching the governor on the bottom of the track, then moving the bottom governor chit to the top. After that, players select their actions. Choosing and executing the action that moves governors on the track is only affecting future Maharaja moves.

There is actually an example of this in the rulebook. At the beginning of the sample turn, the Maharaja moves to city A. During the turn, one player rearranges the governor track. This action does not change the fact that city A is scored at the end of the turn, because the Maharaja has already moved.

I just read the rules 10 minutes ago (for the first time), and this seems to be absolutely correct. It also has emphasis in the right places.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.