Popular Tags: [View All]
gregory duff
United States
Ft.Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Psychology plays a BIG-TIME role in Mr. Jack.....I have won about 38 face to face Mr. Jack games and over 100 online while masquerading as Mr. Jack........psychology comes more into play in face to face games......When playing as Jack, I sometimes have my eyes linger on a suspect too long, I sometimes bite my lower lip when I offer a red herring to the inspector...I use Watson's lantern to point in either the true suspects direction or a red-herring....I place a barricade or sewer cover near the real Jack to 'cause the inspector to think it is another near the open exit.........I may hesitate when moving a suspect that I want to invoke suspicion in....it is important to know the strengths and weaknesses of your opponent.....are they too slow to respond?? (then have Jack wait it out till the 8th hour when the inspector cannot get to Jack)....or are they quick to judgement??????...(thus make a quick run for the exit and leave the inspector someone he can use to accuse, thus losing to a red-herring and forcing a false accusation....).....are they very deductive people???? (then make suspicious moves with all of the suspects (protect Jack 1st, the next time protect Jack last).......these underhanded psychological moves can be accomplished in a minimalistic way....just switch Gull with someone just for the heck of it.....the numbered lanterns may be used quite effectively for more ruses....put a number one lantern near a suspect using Mr. Smith's unique ability, then voila !!!!! that suspect is in the dark in round 2 ( that can really mess with the inspector's head !!!! ).....there is NO HOLLOW WIN for me....a win as Jack is SHHHAAAWEEEEEEEEET !!!!!!!.....now you could go further with this psychological psyching out stuff.....like smoking a big stogie ala AHHHHNold and blowing it in your opponents' face and game board, perhaps even simulating the foggy streets of Whitechapel....you may (as a Cuban chess player had irritatingly done to me while playing Blitz Chess.....screw your bits maliciously into the board when you move each piece.......you also may have a black top hat, cape, and a long sharp surgical tool nearby partly concealed, but not enough !!!!...YAAAHAAAAHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!.......you could use a ear-piercing whistle when Goodley calls his three suspects....you could pass some serious flatus (gas) when Mr. Smith turns off a lamp (similar to that ole lingering natural gas odor)......I could go on & on....and oh...it is such a triumph to win as Jack masquerading as the one & only famous Sherlock Holmes....how ironic, man !!!! any one else use other psychology on their opponents??????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anye Freer
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope not posthumously - that would imply you died!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. N. Dominick
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a severe case of punctuation poisoning. There was nothing we could do. My condolences &c.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.