Popular Tags: [View All]
Goran Topic
Japan
Kita-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I read MrWeasely's inventive new cards, then got some ideas myself... so here they are.

Craftworld
4 cost, 2 vp, rare goods production world
V: Produce a rare good. If there is already a good on Craftworld, discard it (and do not produce a replacement) to fill up to two novelty windfall worlds.

Institute of Xenoarchaeology
3 cost, 1 vp, development
I: Look at +1 card.
V: Place a card from hand onto the Institute, if there was none. Otherwise, move the card from the Institute onto an alien windfall world without a good. If there is no such world, discard the card without effect.

Media Hype
2 cost, 0 vp, development
II: after playing a development, discard the Media Hype to draw the number of cards equal to the printed cost of the development played.

Flesh-rot Warriors
1 cost, 5 vp, world
I: Look at -1 cards, to the minimum of number of cards you are keeping
III: Military +1 strength. Settle +2 cost.
$: Genome +2 cards.
IV: Genome: one vp for 1st good, each successive is one more vp (thus 2 give 1+2=3 vp, 3 give 1+2+3=6 vp...).

Forced Labour
0 cost, 0 vp, development
II: You may develop an additional development immediately after placing Forced Labour. Forced Labour does not count for Galactic Federation scoring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Craftworld and IoX seem below-the-curve to me. For example, for a cost-4 rare production world, I'd kind of expect to get one novelty windfall good replacement for free.

Media Hype seems fair.

Forced Labour ... hm ... at first I thought it was just for people that got developer rebates, but now I realize its to end the game a turn early. I kind of wish it had another minor power and gave negative vp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One fundamental flaw with Forced Labour.

No card may take effect in the phase in which it was played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goran Topic
Japan
Kita-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
MrWeasely wrote:
Craftworld and IoX seem below-the-curve to me. For example, for a cost-4 rare production world, I'd kind of expect to get one novelty windfall good replacement for free.

Well, they're not playtested at all. Some of them are not even very serious, as they break the game rule expectations too much (a card placed on a development, which is not a good (on IoX), and, as BT noticed, "as you play it" power (on Forced Labour)). I expected some comments on costs and rewards (such as, make Craftworld 3 cost 3 vp instead), and also on mechanics - but the main thing was the idea. I wanted to see if you'd recognise the story behind each card, as it is recognisable for many of TL's cards.

Yes, Forced Labour was meant to end the game a turn early, at the expense of an utterly useless 12th card. I don't dislike the neg points idea. I was toying with an alternate power, which did not break the rule expectations, but decided it might be too powerful:
II: build an extra development at +1 price without applying discounts.
Then the price would need to rise, the VP would have to dip, and it would lose the 0/0 elegance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.