Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because it is the game I want the most right now.

That is all.

Name a game that is better than this one? Exactly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I concur. I resorted to buying Railroad Tycoon, I've been waiting so long. Not that RRT is bad, but...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BrenoK wrote:
How insightful.

Ooooh, you get the counselor Troy empathy award!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coolpapa wrote:
I concur. I resorted to buying Railroad Tycoon, I've been waiting so long. Not that RRT is bad, but...

Yeah, I was tempted to trade for RRT, but I reallly want the "lite" rule set of AoS III to reel in potential players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BusinessIsGood
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
craniac wrote:
Name a game that is better than this one?

Chicago Express
or
the real Age of Steam
instantly come to mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vvrood wrote:
craniac wrote:
Name a game that is better than this one?

Chicago Express
or
the real Age of Steam
instantly come to mind.

Another game that comes to mind is Sock Puppet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I apologize for my lack of insight and snarkiness. I'm just anxious for this game. And Wabash Cannonball looks great. And I even bought another Bohrer game recently--Transamerica--and my kids like it. Now let's all have a group hug.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BusinessIsGood
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
craniac wrote:

That would be a fine new name for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BusinessIsGood
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
craniac wrote:
Ok, I apologize for my lack of insight and snarkiness. I'm just anxious for this game. And Wabash Cannonball looks great. And I even bought another Bohrer game recently--Transamerica--and my kids like it. Now let's all have a group hug.

Ok, I also apologise. Group Hug. Have you played Age of Steam, though? From your postings, I gather that you have not, that no one will play it with you. Am I mistaken?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vvrood wrote:
craniac wrote:

That would be a fine new name for this game.

Well played, sir!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vvrood wrote:
craniac wrote:

Ok, I also apologise. Group Hug. Have you played Age of Steam, though? From your postings, I gather that you have not, that no one will play it with you. Am I mistaken?

I have played it three times, loved it, and then couldn't find any more players. It sat there on the shelf, taunting me, so I traded it for an OOP game that my kids could play. My evil plan for world domination consists of getting AoS III and using it as a gateway game for my brother who is just starting to burn out on Ticket to Ride.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim
United States
hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When is it supposed to be released? Why the 2 week deadline?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eightbit wrote:
When is it supposed to be released? Why the 2 week deadline?

Simply because I can't wait any longer. After two weeks I am going to break down and buy a pale substitute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim
United States
hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was posted almost a year ago but its an interesting read- http://boredgamegeeks.blogspot.com/2007/02/ip-morality-and-g...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting, yes. Not necessarily correct from the facts as I have understood them to be, but interesting.

Though I thought that Coldfoot's comments about book editors were quite insightful.

Anyway, I gather that Mayfair will release the game when they - and Martin - feel that it is ready for release, and not a moment before. There are lots of good reasons for trying to get the product to be as polished and as perfect as possible, and only impatience as a reason for rushing the job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim
United States
hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
Anyway, I gather that Mayfair will release the game when they - and Martin - feel that it is ready for release, and not a moment before. There are lots of good reasons for trying to get the product to be as polished and as perfect as possible, and only impatience as a reason for rushing the job.

Information on the lawsuit- http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/2061888#2061888

I've never read court documents like this before but its interesting how one side can claim something isn't true just because they claim to have no knowledge of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Brown
United Kingdom
Manchester
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
craniac wrote:

I would like to point out that Transameica was a Franz Benno Delonge game.....NOT a Bohrer game. Just for info
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrPhibes wrote:
craniac wrote:

I would like to point out that Transameica was a Franz Benno Delonge game.....NOT a Bohrer game. Just for info

Ah, yes, thank you. It looks like it was originally published by Winsome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
So did you get a substitute or are you still hanging out for it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
So did you get a substitute or are you still hanging out for it?

I did not buy a substitute rails game. I did rent Ticket to Ride with the Swiss map to play with the kids but it never got to the table. I also received the Phalanx edition of "A House Divided" in trade and purchased "Cowboys: Way of the Gun" at steep discount which has been fun. Mr. Jack shows potential but hasn't ignited any real passion. I can't bring myself to get Railroad Tycoon yet. I don't think I have a big enough table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
craniac wrote:
I can't bring myself to get Railroad Tycoon yet. I don't think I have a big enough table.

That is a serious issue, it takes up a lot of space!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Inguanzo
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coolpapa wrote:

Perhaps RRT should be marketed as AOS III methadone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.