Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmie Pierce
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each of the expansion rule sheets instuct the players to shuffle the expansion event decks into the main event deck. What is wrong, instead, with keeping the expansion decks separate and allowing the players who have crossed the gate, bridge, door, or whatever for that expansion to choose to draw from the expansion event deck instead of the main deck? This seems obvious to me, and gives you a much higher chance to get and use the location specific objects. Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't think so… sounds like a good idea to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think that would be a fine idea. You could allow a player to ONLY draw from the deck matching the tile they are on. I don't have the 3.5 card-only expansion, but I expect you could either make it available from anywhere, or mix it with the base set's cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Pierce
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good idea. Maybe add randomly a few of the 3.5 cards to each expansion deck just to add a little unpredictability. The rest could be mixed into the main deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ryan belt
msg tools
as we play right now if you draw a card that is from an expansion not in play you get a free redraw. alternatively if we're playing an expansion along with teh core, since we don't have room to use all the core tiles, if weapon or other card is drawn that is for a building that isn't present in town. that card is a free redraw. have to admit at times you'll find yourself redrawing cards a lot, but for me it works seeing as how i'm too lazy to resort the cards back to to the expansion decks. we've also tweaked the rules a bit to allow certain cards to be used in more then one location. lots of ammo is available in sporting goods or the outfitter for example. it really comes down to preference though. play how you like it, it is after all your game. haven't read of the zombies!!! police coming after anybody yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls