United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Not nearly half as cool as that one that rotates and expands in a flower like pattern. The leaves in this one will cause many leg bruises.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
That table is okay, but this one is much better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh_qn62zny0&feature=related

I have no idea how to get the YouTube video thing to work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad N
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
Unique titles I've played in 2018
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's just simply amazing. I wonder what a table like that costs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are some seriously cool tables.

and they cost just a couple bag!!

Here's the link:

http://www.dbfletcher.com/capstan/

The table above goes for only $26,000 for a 6 person model. Cheap compared to the much nicer flower pattern model (Capstan) which goes for $50,000 - $70,000 each. I have four game tables (not counting our dining room table) and not one of them cost me more than $60. I'm going to have a hard time justifying one of these to my wife! surprise

Uhhh honey, not only am I going to need $600 a year for new games but maybe some furniture too. A couple of cheap bookshelves and maybe a table. Yeah, that should do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
I've always wanted to build a simple table for boardgames that has two tops. So, when I'm playing Twilight Imperium and I can't finish, I simply place the top under another top, or something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And you'll need somewhere to sit as well:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or perhaps something a little more practical:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:
That table is okay, but this one is much better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh_qn62zny0&feature=related

I have no idea how to get the YouTube video thing to work.

That's the one I meant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing. Some of those, however, do seem to be a bit too big. As long as you don't play extremely big boardgames, it's generally bad to have a table so big that you can't reach over half its width confortably without standing up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alkaiser wrote:
Or perhaps something a little more practical:

That table and chair combo is superb!!!! Great for storing in a SUPER small area!!!! Need to find that sucker!!!!!

Unfortunately, I missed out on the roll playing table that was on sale on ebay last year. Super amazing table. Have to locate the maker and get the plans! The table that I built for Silent War ended up to be pretty neat!!! My son decided he REALLY liked it and it now resides in his room! http://www.compassgames.com/cabinet.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyD wrote:
The table that I built for Silent War ended up to be pretty neat!!! My son decided he REALLY liked it and it now resides in his room! http://www.compassgames.com/cabinet.htm

That solitaire table is SWEEEET.

Damn, now I need $600 for games, some bookshelves, a $60,000 table, a table saw AND some wood. The missus is going to be pissed!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I once saw on one of those home reno shows (while you were out, or clean sweep or something). where this family liked board games.

So the carpenter and designer came up with this table where you had a hanging shelf under the table that could come down. So in theory you could hide your game away on this shelf if you needed the table for something else, then bring the game out later when you wanted to resume play.

Seemed like a good idea for those games that take a long time to play. I can't remember exactly how it all worked, but it was an interesting idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Dan
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate this website.

First it turns me into a board game geek.

Now I'm really excited by furniture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Greendan wrote:
I hate this website.

Industrial design is one of the most overlooked art forms. Great design truly is a wonder to behold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Dan
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:
Greendan wrote:
I hate this website.

Industrial design is one of the most overlooked art forms. Great design truly is a wonder to behold.

Totally agree with you there. I love stuff like that, I thinks it's because I SUCK at it, so to me it kinda looks like magic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:

Absolutely agree. However, unlike most art forms, I actually want things like this. Drives me crazy though since I'd never be able to afford most of it. I therefore have to get my 'elegance of design' fix from things like boardgames. Ahhh crap, I'd better increase my budget for games from $600 to $800!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greendan wrote:
I hate this website.

Aldie, can we have a tab in our profile to keep track of our furniture collection and more room in our gallery for pictures of all our furniture. You'll also have to add a category to the image gallery for furniture. Before long people will be ignoring the games in pictures and analyzing the tables they sit on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Dan
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alkaiser wrote:
Before long people will be ignoring the games in pictures and analyzing the tables they sit on!

What, you mean like:

Title: My Table(a variant on the classic Everyone else's Table)
Players: 1 - 4 (Although more are possible, but it gets less comfortable)

This is a great little table, it works well. I do feel how ever that it works much better with the expansion:

Chair

The expansion seems to improve peoples overall willingness to use the table. Our version came with the expansion straight out of the box, but it's basic stuff that most gamers will have lying around. Infact you can increase player numbers with any number of ISD's (Improvised Sitting Devices0, provided you are willing to sacrifice elbow room. Even the expansion doesn't solve all the problems however. Luckily my girlfriend came up with a great little variant, that we use all the time now:

This helps a lot, particularly when you have players who are prone to analysis paralysis.

Finally, I do have to mention the packaging:

As mentioned above, our version came with the expansion and it all fits neatly away inside the table when not in use.

So all in all I give the table itself a 7 (I'll use it a lot now, but there's probably better out there, see above versions) and the expansion a 4 (great for a while), increased to a 6 with the variant (due to decrease in butt ache).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Dan
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adrian Bolt wrote:
Have you checked out the multiplayer version of the Chair expansion? I believe it's called Sofa.

Nice, I'll have to check that out.

We had 'Floor' for quite a while, but my chiropodist reckons Table is better in the long term. So I can stand and walk, basics things like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.