Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody know the story on this one? I'm assuming this was put together for a German power company. Where can I get a copy? Is it only for employees or can the general public get their hands on it? Any help appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
Daddys_Home wrote:
Anybody know the story on this one? I'm assuming this was put together for a German power company. Where can I get a copy? Is it only for employees or can the general public get their hands on it? Any help appreciated.

What he said...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle Zentis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooh.... obscure...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wood
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure these are the same maps that Friedemann Friese gave away as door prizes at BGG.con this year. IIRC, and I could be wrong, he said we would probably see this map, or something very similar to it, in a future expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Rodrigues
Portugal
Lisboa
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Daddys_Home wrote:

Hello!
From what I know Friedemann made this version of Funkenshlag for the German power company EnBw which stands for "ENERGY BADEN-WURTENBERG". This has print run of 1000 copies and you can get it by mailing, EnBW-Shop-Stu@enbw.com, although I do not know if they will ship it overseas or even to other country besides Germany
I also heard rumours that the map will be available as an expansion but... there only rumours One thing is for sure, once the 1000 copies are gone there will be no more blue Funkenschlag.cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I sent them an e-mail, in English. I'll let you know the result.

After moding the the pictures this one looked too cool to let get away. I don't see why this wouldn't come out as an expansion, unless the power company has exclusive rights. It looked like it had some rule changes and cool features on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Rodrigues
Portugal
Lisboa
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Daddys_Home wrote:
Thanks. I sent them an e-mail, in English. I'll let you know the result.

After moding the the pictures this one looked too cool to let get away. I don't see why this wouldn't come out as an expansion, unless the power company has exclusive rights. It looked like it had some rule changes and cool features on the board.

Yep!! Some rules were changed but not that significant only to make it more family friendly, you can still play it with the normal rules.
From what I know EnBW does not have exclusive rights so I am almost sure it will come out as an expansion.
Good luck with your order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Fibbi
Italy
Florence
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
onedayyou wrote:
Daddys_Home wrote:
Anybody know the story on this one? I'm assuming this was put together for a German power company. Where can I get a copy?

This has print run of 1000 copies and you can get it by mailing, EnBW-Shop-Stu@enbw.com, although I do not know if they will ship it overseas or even to other country besides Germany

Hi All, I have Funkenschlag EnBW edition - I posted some of its images here - and I bought it by e-mail directly from EnBW shop (it costs 25,90 EUR).

I received the game here in Italy, so I confirm that they ship in the EU (don't know if they do it overseas).

Hope that helps,
Alessandro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Fibbi
Italy
Florence
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
onedayyou wrote:
Yep!! Some rules were changed but not that significant only to make it more family friendly, you can still play it with the normal rules.

Unfortunately I don't speak German (and my English sucks ), but I was assuming the rules were the same. What are the differences?

Thanks,
Alessandro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Rodrigues
Portugal
Lisboa
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Quote:
onedayyou wrote:

Unfortunately I don't speak German (and my English sucks ), but I was assuming the rules were the same. What are the differences?

Thanks,
Alessandro

Hello!!
Besides being there no factory nr 29 and instead 6 turn summary cards.
The diferrent rules are:
If no one buys a power plant in one turn, the 2 lowest are removed and if someone builds more factory's than the lowest power plant you do not remove it.
I still did not play this edition of the game but from reading the rules these are the main changes.
Hope that helped
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aingeru Malkav
Spain
Bilbao
Bizkaia
flag msg tools
mb
Do you have the link to the EnBW shop?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Simons
United Kingdom
Royal Wootton Bassett
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daddys_Home wrote:
Maybe by the time I get my edition sent to me, you will have posted a rules translation in the files section laugh. I got an e-mail today and it looks like they will be sending it to me for 25 Euro, including shipping. What is that in real money?blush Thanks for the hookup.

Yep, I got an email too to the same effect; the thing is it's probably going to cost me another £5+ to set up the transfer. Oh well, needs must...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Rodrigues
Portugal
Lisboa
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Aingeru wrote:
Do you have the link to the EnBW shop?

There is no link for the store you have to contact them by email
EnBW-Shop-Stu@enbw.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To make it official:

The new map included in the EnBW edition "Baden-Württemberg" will be published as an official expansion in 2008 from 2F-Spiele.

And no, there is no exact release date I can tell you besides 2008

Henning Kröpke
(for 2F-Spiele)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aingeru Malkav
Spain
Bilbao
Bizkaia
flag msg tools
mb
Where have you read that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aingeru wrote:
Where have you read that?

You cannot read that anywhere else except in my post above. As written below my name I am working for 2F-Spiele as a freelancer and got the approval from Friedemann to finally tell you.

O.k.?

Henning Kröpke
(for 2F-Spiele)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wood
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kvn299 wrote:
I'm pretty sure these are the same maps that Friedemann Friese gave away as door prizes at BGG.con this year. IIRC, and I could be wrong, he said we would probably see this map, or something very similar to it, in a future expansion.

Henning wrote:
To make it official:

The new map included in the EnBW edition "Baden-Württemberg" will be published as an official expansion in 2008 from 2F-Spiele.

And no, there is no exact release date I can tell you besides 2008

Henning Kröpke
(for 2F-Spiele)

Told ya!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
Daddys_Home wrote:
Maybe by the time I get my edition sent to me, you will have posted a rules translation in the files section laugh. I got an e-mail today and it looks like they will be sending it to me for 25 Euro, including shipping. What is that in real money?blush Thanks for the hookup.

After seeing your note on the cost, I also e-mailed them. It took a couple of days to get a response and the news wasn't as good as your's. It would cost me 32 € for shipping + 21.40 € for the game. That's too steep, even for a Power Grid expansion.

I guess someone realized how much shipping your copy cost them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, maybe. I haven't heard back from them at all. I'm not interested in pursuing it. My guess is that it will come out here in the states.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobby4th wrote:
That's too steep, even for a Power Grid expansion.

It isn't an expansion. It is a complete game, with a map of Baden-Würtemberg instead of USA on the back of the german map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
Werbaer wrote:
It isn't an expansion. It is a complete game, with a map of Baden-Würtemberg instead of USA on the back of the german map.

You're right. The game is priced right, the shipping is expensive. Heck, the game is actually reasonably priced. Now, if I was ordering a bunch of them I am sure the shipping costs would be easier to absorb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Simons
United Kingdom
Royal Wootton Bassett
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I told EnBW I was willing to purchase a copy and asked them to send their details. I heard nothing until this morning when the delivery man violated my doorbell.

I am now the proud owner of an EnBW edition. There's an invoice attached, but I was expecting to pay first; I best head over to the bank later and arrange payment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fellonmyhead wrote:
I told EnBW I was willing to purchase a copy and asked them to send their details. I heard nothing until this morning when the delivery man violated my doorbell.

I am now the proud owner of an EnBW edition. There's an invoice attached, but I was expecting to pay first; I best head over to the bank later and arrange payment.

Hi Antony,

Wow! I've not heard of being sent a game without having paid first wow ! How much does the game work out to be; I assume it's in Euros?

Have you opened it yet - does it look good & is it different enough from the other 3 boards to warrant owning as well? What's included in the box?

Thanks,

Matt...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Badinelli
Italy
Lonato
Brescia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is a complete version of Funkenschlag with the Baden map instead of the U.S. map and the box color is blue instead of 2F green.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
fellonmyhead wrote:

This news has made me jump straight from "nevermind; forget about them" mode to "is it here, yet?" mode.

John Cleese, Clockwise wrote:
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.