Popular Tags: [View All]
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's hoping that our Geeks in Alabama, , Arkansas, Mississippi, Missouri, Kentucky, and Tennessee are OK after yesterday's disasterous tornado outbreak. News reports are now saying there were at least 52 people killed and hundreds hurt after at least 67 twisters touched down. All in all, a very sad day. Hopefully, those touched by this tragedy will find some solace.

If anyone here was affected, or knows someone who was, feel free to post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of my friends no longer have houses, But nobody was hurt. There were two people injured at the Caterpillar plant in the Industrial Park. (Which is obviously closed today) but our plant was not affected. (Which is why I'm here at hard at work).

Me and my two girls did not have fun sitting in the hallway for an hour and a half while the warning sirens were going off and the power went out, but we watched some cartoons on my iphone (yayy for iphone).

We also seemed to have acquired a trampoline, though it is damaged beyond repair. I have no idea where it came from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Shepherd
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.
mb
Glad you and your family are okay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the other states got hit much worse than Mississippi did. Only two counties in Mississippi had any significant damage (lucky me I happen to be in one *rolls eyes*), and so far there have not been any fatalities reported.

I know Memphis got hit fairly hard, and of course, everyone knows Arkansas and Kentucky had some dangerous twisters. I hope all the BGGer's are safe, and my thoughts are with those that were not as lucky as us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.