Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Teri Zevallos
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, i have a question/comment and i do not know it this happening everywhere. I know that B&N has its 50% sale going on, but i also encounter one of my local game stores that is having a similar sale (30% off) except at the moment to check out you can roll the dice (2) and whichever combination you get that is an additional discount. Say, you get 4 and a 6 that is an additional 10% off. I found a copy of Tigris ($31 with the discount) Santiago, Palazzo, Amun Re and several other boardgames.

So i was wondering if this happening in your area and what kind of deals are going on??

I still want to go back a pick some other games just to add to my collection...........getting very addicted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas coe
United States
aubrey
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that's an awesome idea...the rolling of the dice!!!! where are you at? curious if maybe i've got a store in the area that's related to yours...thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim
United States
hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JustaNewbie wrote:
Well, i have a question/comment and i do not know it this happening everywhere.
Its that time of year. Retail sales slump after Christmas and game stores need to pay the bills and will clear out old stock to make room for whatever is new and hot this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teri Zevallos
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thomas, this is a small to medium size local store, but yeah the rolling of the dice makes it even more exciting to buy the discounted games. Tonite i rolled a combination of a 9, so i got a total of 39% off.

I'm in central Texas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hart
United States
La Marque
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Where in cetral Texas. I have tyo head to my mother - in- laws this weekend in Temple. Please tell me its in temple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teri Zevallos
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry its in North Austin! but maybe you can make it there, its probably less than an hour away

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
this thread belongs under general gaming, not "hot deals" (there is a note above the form when you go to create a new thread as to the intended usage of this forum, and this isn't it )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teri Zevallos
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff
Thank you!! i will do better next time, this is my first post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teri Zevallos
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff
Thank you!! i will do better next time, this is my first post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a local store in L.A. that used to have similar "Chaos Sales." Once a customer was ready to pay (no going back after rolling well!), they could roll 2 20-sided dice to figure the total discount. They also had the choice of 10 + 1 10-sided die, for a guaranteed minimum discount, but at the cost of a lower higher end.

Sadly, that was several owners and incarnations of that store ago, and it no longer available out here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/28
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
There was a local store in L.A. that used to have similar "Chaos Sales." Once a customer was ready to pay (no going back after rolling well!), they could roll 2 20-sided dice to figure the total discount.

How many people left their games on the counter and walked away after rolling a "2"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Adan
United States
Erving
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
THORBOY wrote:
that's an awesome idea...the rolling of the dice!!!!

We used to do "D30 Discounts" on our anniversary. It was fun, but just a little too silly so we did away with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teri Zevallos
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonite i went bad to the store, i saw a copy of Caribbean the other nite and did not grab it, well of course it was gone when i went back. I got a copy of Australia, China and Manila. I rolled a 9!!!!! YEAH!! hoping for a 12 but oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
cbrua wrote:
J.L.Robert wrote:
There was a local store in L.A. that used to have similar "Chaos Sales." Once a customer was ready to pay (no going back after rolling well!), they could roll 2 20-sided dice to figure the total discount.

How many people left their games on the counter and walked away after rolling a "2"?

None, actually. People were generally in good spirits (this was before the age of "I must get a discount before I buy"). And the owner was known for giving the occasional mulligan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim
United States
hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up a copy of Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie tonight at the Kmart in Holland Michigan. It was marked down to $30 but rang up at $20. They had 2 more copies. They had some other games on clearance as well but nothing noteworthy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.