Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Chicagoland [+] [View All]
Chip Dickerson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking for a few Chicago area wargamers so that I can actually play my collection face to face. Of course, I'll play your games as well.

Things I am hoping to play:
Command and Colors: Ancients (I have it and all four expansions)
Hammer of the Scots
Twilight Struggle
Combat Commander: Europe
Hannibal: Rome versus Carthage
Here I Stand
Europe Engulfed
Fast Action Battles: The Bulge (when it arrives)

I live in Hyde Park, but am willing to travel. Post here or drop me a geekmail if you are interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Move to Toronto ASAP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thompson
United States
Homewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chip,

I live down in Homewood, just a quick car or train ride away.

Of the games you listed I've played and really like Hammer, Hannibal and Twilight Struggle.

I'd be willing to try some new games as well. You can check my collection here on BGG to see what I have.

Later,
Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on the near west side and interested in a game. Send me a geekmail to see if we can set up a time to meet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Richardson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I am on the far north side (Rogers Park) drop me a line.

Some friends get together on Tuesday night, and I have been know to bring wargames to the Chicago Boardgames meet up group.

http://boardgames.meetup.com/44/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Knoerzer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Wicker Park and would interested in all those games except Hannibal which I not a fan of. I have played and enjoyed
Command and Colors: Ancients
Hammer of the Scots
Twilight Struggle

And I have been looking to play Europe Engulfed (or at least one of the shorter scenario's.) And I am always open to try new games.

Geekmail me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nomadic Gamer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zoompet wrote:
I am on the far north side (Rogers Park) drop me a line.

Some friends get together on Tuesday night, and I have been know to bring wargames to the Chicago Boardgames meet up group.

http://boardgames.meetup.com/44/

That won't work for the longer and bigger games.
We need a place to meet on the weekend or a convenient place that's open really late.
Anyone got ideas?
Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am in Lakeview, and am interested in wargaming as well.

My meager collection is

Bonaparte at Marengo
Napoleon's Triumph
CC:A
Paths of Glory
East Front II
West Front II
Euro Front II
Age of Napoleon
A House Divided

From reading this thread, it almost sounds like we should form a War Game group in Chicago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete McNamara
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also be interested in playing. I only have a couple games - Memoir, House Divided...I used to love VG's Civil War.

I'm interested in branching out as well.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own:
Command and Colors: Ancients (one expansion)
Hammer of the Scots
Twilight Struggle
Europe Engulfed
Tide of Iron (pre-ordered expansion)
Battle Lore (two expansions)

owned but sold Hannibal: Rome versus Carthage but would be willing to play.

Very interested in Ran. Live in Avondale (between Addison and Belmont) and go to the Chicago Board Game Meetings too.

Geekmail me or show up this Saturday at Guthrie's around 2:00pm and I am sure someone would play one of the shorter games if you brought it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chip,

I'm on the NW side, at the end of the Brown Line. I play mostly ASL, but also like C&C:A, Hannibal, and TS from time to time. I'm pretty well set for opponents on all the two-player stuff, but if you're interested I could pass your name along to the guy that organizes our Here I Stand games, as it's always tough to get enough people together for that. We played the unabridged, six-player version a month or so ago and I think another game is being planned for March.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Edwards Jr
United States
Wilmette
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
citizenchip wrote:
I am looking for a few Chicago area wargamers so that I can actually play my collection face to face. Of course, I'll play your games as well.

Hammer of the Scots
Twilight Struggle
Here I Stand
Europe Engulfed

I live in Hyde Park, but am willing to travel. Post here or drop me a geekmail if you are interested.

I live just north of Evanston, Wilmette is the last stop on the purple line. I would interested in most of your games. Please see my collection. There are several places we could setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in the Park Ridge area NW of Chicago right near O'Hare and play several of the games mentioned here. Check out my profile and send me a geekmail if you are interested in any of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Godzik
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
I live a couple blocks from Wrigley Field and would like to play some games...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Manns
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Block wargame and Eurogame tournament and open gaming. The block games are: Liberty, Crusader Rex, Hammer of the Scots, Warof 1812, Eastfront, C&C: Ancients, Friedrich, and 1960: Making of the President. The Euros are: Carcassonne and Settlers of Catan. A Diplomacy tournament will also be held. The Winner of each tournament will receive a plaque.

Demo games will also be run to teach people: Combat Commander: Europe/Med, Agricola, Twilight Struggle, Prussia's Defiant Stand, Through the Ages, Race for the Galaxy, Manuevore, Pacific Typhoon, Age of Empires 3, FAB: Bulge, and World Engulfed.

To be held at:
Holiday Inn Express--New Albany
411 W Spring St
New Albany, IN 47150

Con organizer: Ric Manns

http://www.ohiovalleygamers.org/nationalblockparty.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I live in Irving Park off the Blue line. I'd much prefer to meet up with some of you instead of beginning the daunting task of PBEM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patroclus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
citizenchip wrote:

Hammer of the Scots
Twilight Struggle
Here I Stand
Europe Engulfed

Hello,
I moved recently to Chicago and I, too, reside in Hyde Park. I'm also looking for a wargame group in this city. I don't have any wargames at this time (except for Diplomacy if that is called a wargame), but I'm looking into buying either a module from ASL or the Lock 'n Load game systems. I'm also willing to try other games.
You can reach me at my email:
pachynema@yahoo.com

Cheers!
-Pat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patroclus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I took the plunge and ordered Lock 'n Load: Band of Heroes and ATS II: Streets of Stalingrad. I liked squad level games and these two seem to encompass a bit more than one ASL starter kit. I may buy ASLSK1 if I find I want something with a bit more detail.
Hopefully, I will have these two games by the end of next week and a chance to try a bit of solitaire play.
Cheers!
-Pat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patroclus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
punt!

Still looking for any wargamers in the Chicago area. I have ATS BGII:Stalingrad, Lock 'n Load: Band of Heroes, and I will be picking up at least ASL starter kit3 this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Pat,

There are a couple of us here from Chicago. Games played varies; ASLSK, ASL, Combat Commander, 1776, Panzergruppe Guderian, probably about 50 others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patroclus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joelist wrote:
Hi Pat,

There are a couple of us here from Chicago. Games played varies; ASLSK, ASL, Combat Commander, 1776, Panzergruppe Guderian, probably about 50 others.

Cool! Do you guys meet on a regular schedule? Or whenever most of you are free? Would it be possible to join in one of your gaming sessions (player if i'm competent or observer if i'm not! lol).
you an send me an email at:

pachynema@yahoo.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patroclus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
punt!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patroclus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monthly punt!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Miller
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Chip, I just posted a message to the guys in Aurora but figured you deserve a response as well. A great place to meet and play is coming up at Conception out in Glen Ellyn IL. It is three days of gaming focused on RPG and Board Games.

On the board game side there will be a full Puffing Billy Tournament as well as the Board Game Library, which has a fair amount of tactical games in it to check out. Of course I strongly suggest bringing your favoriates with you. Lots of free style gaming going on as well.

Show dates are Sep 26-28 at the College of Dupage Student Resource Center. The web site is not totally up to date but there are quite a few events listed (over a 100) already.

Considering your list wondering why Kingmaker is not on it? Sounds like a natural. Yes I will be bringing the big Kingmaker board as well but I have not set up any times for it (I have got to get that done this week).

The web site is: www.concentricconventioncompany.com

Hope to see you there.

Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patroclus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swsparkscreator wrote:
Chip, I just posted a message to the guys in Aurora but figured you deserve a response as well. A great place to meet and play is coming up at Conception out in Glen Ellyn IL. It is three days of gaming focused on RPG and Board Games.

On the board game side there will be a full Puffing Billy Tournament as well as the Board Game Library, which has a fair amount of tactical games in it to check out. Of course I strongly suggest bringing your favoriates with you. Lots of free style gaming going on as well.

Show dates are Sep 26-28 at the College of Dupage Student Resource Center. The web site is not totally up to date but there are quite a few events listed (over a 100) already.

Considering your list wondering why Kingmaker is not on it? Sounds like a natural. Yes I will be bringing the big Kingmaker board as well but I have not set up any times for it (I have got to get that done this week).

The web site is: www.concentricconventioncompany.com

Hope to see you there.

Joe

darn...i'll be off on holiday during your meeting. have fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.