Subject: mounting unofficial Ticket to Ride boards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
World Cup time!!!! All work in the morning will include the tv being on Fox or Telemundo. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried to mount an unofficial Ticket to Ride board on the back of an official Ticket to Ride board? We have Ticket to Ride, Ticket to Ride: Europe, and Ticket to Ride: Switzerland and I was wondering if it is even possible to mount some unofficial boards on the back and if so what would be the best way (printing material, mounting material ect)? If anyone has done this or has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Chavis
United States
Wanatah
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if it will work for you, but I've gone to thrift stores and picked up some old games for their boards (Carmen Sandiego boards work well) and used full sheet labels to mount on them.

You could also just print out on thicker paper (or cardstock) and use 3M spray adhesive to mount them.

Obviously instead of using a new board, you could use the back of one you already have. One problem is that the linen finish on the reverse of the board might make it hard to stick a sheet to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dale
Australia
Moggill
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
badge
When will the die stop rolling? What face finishes showing?
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a wooden base and frame for my one custom map:

Some details on construction as a comment to the image.

- Pauli

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Webb
United States
Verona
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Let's Go Pens!
badge
One more win...Beat the Sharks!
mbmbmbmbmb
When I did this, I went to an office supply store to have it printed and mounted to foam core. Unfortunately, option is very expensive, about $60, but I was told that sometimes they run sales that bring it down to about $20.

Because I didn't want to wait until a sale on foam core mounting, I instead had them print the board out on one large sheet of paper, which was pretty cheap, and used a large snap together plexiglass poster frame that runs about $15-$20. This option was nice because now we just have them print the paper boards and slip them between the same frame.

Works great, and we can mount a nice board to the wall as a decoration and as storage of the poster frame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
wwwebb wrote:
When I did this, I went to an office supply store to have it printed and mounted to foam core. Unfortunately, option is very expensive, about $60, but I was told that sometimes they run sales that bring it down to about $20.

Because I didn't want to wait until a sale on foam core mounting, I instead had them print the board out on one large sheet of paper, which was pretty cheap, and used a large snap together plexiglass poster frame that runs about $15-$20. This option was nice because now we just have them print the paper boards and slip them between the same frame.

Works great, and we can mount a nice board to the wall as a decoration and as storage of the poster frame.

That's a great idea! Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.