Subject: 3 most useful action cards? 3 least useful action cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The above question based over the course of 15 games with differing # of players. This is so that action cards are determined over the long haul and not just based on one game or specific situations.

my pics.....
MOST USEFUL
Callous Guards
put this card in front of you. Action cards that alter the line may not be played. (This includes adding or discarding nobles.) You may discard this card at any time
-many of the action cards manipulate the noble line. At least this lets you restrict that ability of other players on your own terms.

Rat Break
put an action card of your choice from the discard pile into your hand
-lets you pick out the most useful action card based on the current situation

Public Demand
move any noble in line to the front of the line
-instant 'free' noble!

LEAST USEFUL
Let Them Eat Cake
If Maria Antoinette is in line, move her to the front of the line
-There's only one of this action card in the deck. There's only one Maria Antoinette in the other deck. While there's no gaurantee you'll get this OR any of the action cards that move nobles forward, at least the other cards that move nobles can be used on ANY nobles, of which there are plenty of decent ones.

Church Support
put this card in front of you. It is worth +1 point for each BLUE noble in your score pile
-there's only 7 blue nobles in the game

Tis A Far Better Thing
move a noble forward EXACTLY 3 places in line
-one needs to be too precise to have a noble that can move only 3 places in line.

=============
============= LIST OF ACTION CARDS FOR REFERENCE

Fainting Spell - move a noble backward up to 3 places in line
Fled To England - discard any noble in line
Forced Break - all other players must discard an action card at random
Foreign Support - put this card in front of you. Draw an action card whenver you collect a PURPLE noble
Forward March - move a Palace Guard to the front of the line
Fountain Of Blood - put this card in front of you. It is worth 2 points
Indifferent Public - put this card in front of you. Any GRAY nobles in front of you are worth 2 points
Infighting - choose a player. That player must choose 2 action cards from his hand and discard them
Information Exchange - trade hands with another player
Lack Of Faith - if there are any BLUE nobles in line, move the one nearest the front of the line to the front of the line
Lack Of Support - choose a player. Look at that player's hand, choose an action card, and discard it
Late Arrival - look at the top 3 cards of the noble deck and add any one of them to the end of the line
Long Walk, The - reverse the order of the line
Majesty - move a PURPLE noble up to 2 places in line
Mass Confusion - put all nobles in line in the noble deck. Shuffle the noble deck and deal out the same # of nobles in a new line
Military Might - move a RED noble forward up to 2 places in line
Military Support - put this card in front of you. It is worth +1 point for each RED noble in your score pile
Missed! - choose a player. That player must place the last noble he or she collected at the end of the line
Missing Heads - choose a player. That player loses a random noble from his score pile
Opinionated - Guards rearrange the first 4 nobles in line any way you wish
Public Demand - move any noble in line to the front of the line
Rain Delay - shuffle all players' hands into the action deck and deal out 5 new action cards to each player
Rat Break - put an action card of your choice from the discard pile into your hand
Rush Job - choose a player. That player cannot play an action card on his next turn
Scarlet Pimpernel - the day ends after you finished your turn. Discard any remaining nobles in line
Tis A Far Better - Thing move a noble forward EXACTLY 3 places in line
Tough Crowd - put this card in front of another player. It is worth -2 point to that player
Twist Of Fate - put any action card infront of any player into the discard pile
Was That My Name - move a noble forward up to 3 places in line
After You…. - put the noble at the front of the line into another player's score pile
Brided Guards - move the noble at the front of the line to the end of the line
Callous Guards - put this card in front of you. Action cards that alter the line may not be played. (This includes adding or discarding nobles.) You may discard this card at any time
Church Support - put this card in front of you. It is worth +1 point for each BLUE noble in your score pile
Civic Pride - move a GREEN noble forward up to 2 places in line
Civic Support - play this card in front of you. It is worth +1 point for each GREEN noble in your score pile
Clerical Error - choose a player. Collect any noble of your choice from that player's score pile. That player then chooses any other noble from your score pile and collects it
Clothing Swap - choose any noble in line and discard it. Replace it with the top noble from the noble deck
Confusion In Line - choose a player. Randomly rearrange the line just before that player collects his or her next noble
Double Feature - collect an additional noble from the front of the line
Escape! - randomly choose 2 nobles in line and discard them. Randomly rearrange the remaining nobles in line
Extra Cart - add 3 nobles from the noble deck to the end of the line
Friend Of The - Queen move a noble backward up to 2 places in line
L'idiot - move a noble forward up to 2 places in line
Let Them Eat Cake - If Maria Antoinette is in line, move her to the front of the line
Ignoble Noble - move a noble forward EXACTLY 4 places in line
Milling In Line - randomly rearrange the first 5 nobles in line
Political Influence - draw 3 additional action cards at the end of your turn. Do not collect a noble this turn
Pushed - move a noble forward EXACTLY 2 places in line
Stumble - move a noble forward EXACTLY 1 place in line
Trip - move a noble backward EXACTLY 1 place in line. You may play another action card this turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
colin oatway
United Kingdom
wokingham, Nr reading
berkshire
flag msg tools
Sometimes I pretend to be normal
badge
But it gets boring, so I go back to being me
mbmbmbmbmb
MOST USEFUL
Scarlet Pimpernel
Played at the right time is a game winner

Public Demand
move any noble in line to the front of the line

Opinionated - Guards
Stack the line to get good cards, and the leader to get bad cards.

Honerable mention: Indifferent Public - useful, though it does make you a target

LEAST USEFUL
Let Them Eat Cake

Forced Break
There is normally a better option

Rain Delay
Unless the other players have a lot more cards than you, or you have a crap hand, then usally it is not worth using as you tend to have to ditch good cards as well.

As for Callous Guards, we find that once it is out, the game just tends to play itself, as most action cards are about re-arranging the line

Question about the Church Support card
You state that it is worth +1 point for each BLUE noble in your score pile
My group reads it as it is worth +0.1 point for each BLUE noble in your score pile

Which version is correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 3 most useful action cards? 3 least useful action cards
cmocmo wrote:
Question about the Church Support card
You state that it is worth +1 point for each BLUE noble in your score pile
My group reads it as it is worth +0.1 point for each BLUE noble in your score pile

Which version is correct?

+1 point is correct. +0.1 point would be nearly worthless, as I've never (or very rarely) scored more than 10 nobles of a single color in a game.

Have you ever scored more than 10 nobles of a single color in a game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree (mostly)
The most useful card, by far, if you are in the lead on the third day, is Scarlet Pimpernail. Play it and the day ends. You win.
Likewise, any action card that can get Robespierre to the front of the line on your turn on day 3: The day ends. If you're leading, you win.

I also like Political Influence. Choosing no noble is way better than being stuck with a really bad noble. You can also use this card (on occasion) to make sure that you are the person to pick the last card in the line, which is about the only way that you'll get the Master Spy (4 points).

And the most bang for your buck is the Missed! card. You can snatch a big point card out of an opponent's collection and get another chance at it yourself later on.
If your enemies are swearing at you, then you're doing something right!

I find different cards to be useless at different times, so I can't really rank those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.