Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Murray
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This came up in our first play, and maybe were making too many comparisons to Civilization (the PC game).

I noticed there are a few wonders and leaders that have duplicate cards in the decks (ie Joan of Arc, St. Peters). Is it possible for multiple players to have the same leader or same Wonder built? I could not find any clarification in the rules about this.

Just seems thematically incorrect to have this situation come up but I guess as far as gameplay is concerned it's not that big of a deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Murmak
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Riley341 wrote:
This came up in our first play, and maybe were making too many comparisons to Civilization (the PC game).

I noticed there are a few wonders and leaders that have duplicate cards in the decks (ie Joan of Arc, St. Peters). Is it possible for multiple players to have the same leader or same Wonder built? I could not find any clarification in the rules about this.

Just seems thematically incorrect to have this situation come up but I guess as far as gameplay is concerned it's not that big of a deal.

Definitelly not. There is exactly one of each Wonder and Leader card.

Civil Deck A should contain 20 cards.
Civil Decks I, II, III should contain 55 cards.

Military Deck A should contain 10 cards.
Military Deck I, II should contain 50 cards.
Military Deck III should contain 45 cards.

Along with starting player card and starting cards the game should contain 365 cards.

See this topic for complete card list of CBG edition http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/131910
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The FRED version appears to have the same cardlist with the following name/color changes (also posted at the linked topic to help people find it):

"Brown back" -> Dark grey back (with light border)
"Yellow back" -> Light grey back (with dark border)

Light Grey Age III:
Sid Meier -> Game Designer
Elvis -> Rock & Roll Icon
Bill Gates -> Nikolai Tesla

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Murray
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I definately have duplicates of Joan of Arc, Ghengis Khan, St. Peters, and a couple others. I hope that doesn't mean I missing some I'm supposed to have. Have to compare what I have to the set list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Murray
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I compared my cards to the ones listed in the linked post and realized what was going on with all these repeats... I got an extra Age I Civil deck and am totally missing the Age III civil deck. sobluesoblue

Anyone else run into this with the new print?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.