Subject: Monopoly - [session report] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you do at a coffee bar when it's just the 2 of you and your friend would rather not do a 2 player variant of Settlers Of Catan? They have Monopoly so why not?

I played this game alot in my childhood, so there was really nothing to pick up except for the finer details of mortgaging your house when you got low on $$, which did come up later in the game. She also had a house rule where all $$ paid to the bank such as Luxury Tax (which we also paid the flat amount rather than counting the $$ on hand and adding up ALL of the property values) goes in the center of the board. Anyone who lands on Free Parking collects the pot. I managed to collect this pot which was worth well over $400, but in the end, it wasn't enough.

I got my fair shares of sets of properties and some houses for them, but I had to mortgage them one by one as my luck ran out, until I went bankrupt and lost. She on the other hand even landed in jail several times. Used a Get Out Of Jail free card one time, but just paid the $50 the next time. For the Community and Chance cards, those was 50/50 for both of us. We collected $$ and paid about the same amount to fulfill those cards. Looking back, I lost alot of $$ to the railroads. She had all 4 of them and it costed me $200(?) everytime I landed on one of 'em, of which I did do several times. I also landed on one of her standard properties, which was just swell since it had 2 houses on it. shake A few hundred $$ or less here and there isn't much, but it adds up in the end, which is exactly how I lost.

I may have enjoyed this game when I was a kid, but now, this was NOT my idea of a board game. But I digress, the main point of the game wasn't the game, but just catching up, hanging out, and enjoying some nice food, so it was still a good evening none of the less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.