Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel Borba
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently played Ambush with a friend. We played the first mission. He played the US side and I played the German side. We used the same victory conditions.

Basically, the game begins very much like playing solitaire as the US squad makes its way to their objectives. However, things became very interesting when the Germans (my squad) were activated.

No more will the Germans simply follow a formulated plan, no more will the Germans run out into the open and become easy targets, no more will the Germans sit around and do nothing as the US squad makes its way to a flanking position, etc.

It became a 2-player wargame! I tore into the US squad with all my brains and means, assaulting, throwing grenades, ducking for cover, moving into a hex which blocked LOS, moving into a hex which provided cover in order to pick off a target, etc.

I have played Ambush as a two player game, each taking care of 4 soldiers - and it was a lot of fun, but for those of you who want to add some re-playability to Ambush...try playing it like a standard wargame!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like fun, but you would not be able to do the more advanced missions were the germans move to do hidden stuff you do not know of until they enter a specific hex.

For a more complete 2-player Ambush! experience you need Shell Shock!, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Borba
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The player playing the German side would have, at his disposal, every paragraph available to him for a given condition. Therefore, advanced missions should still offer interesting options for the German player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats quite a neat idea. One of the nice things tho about Ambush was the uncertainty of what the Germans were going to do, rather like real life, but for anyone who has played a scenario to death it does breathe a bit more life back into Ambush.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.