Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin Ashby
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have any info on this?
I just saw an article about this monthly fundraiser for Maplewood Hall in Oxford Mills, run by Doug Hendry.
Apparently it started last month (Jan. 9th) and 25 people showed up.
Anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
News to me, and that location would actually be closer to my home than either of the game groups I regularly attend!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Ashby
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I should mention that it's tonight, and starts at 7 PM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Galloway
Canada
Lansdowne
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oxford Mills? Really?

I'm sure it's more of a snakes & ladders and euchre thing...

(We in Leeds county always make fun of Grenville...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Ashby
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bill_galloway wrote:
Oxford Mills? Really?

I'm sure it's more of a snakes & ladders and euchre thing...

(We in Leeds county always make fun of Grenville...)

That's what really got my attention: "The featured game of the night will be Settlers of Catan." and "Participants are encouraged to bring their own games"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Robin (or anyone else, for that matter): did you attend the session last night? What're the details of it? How many people, how much space, for how long, what was the admission fee (if the article said it was a fundraiser, I imagine they were somehow raising funds), what games were seen, when's the next one, etc etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hendry
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi folks

The next game night at Oxford Mills is on Saturday 8th March. (Second Saturday of each month).

This was started by a bunch of locals who enjoyed playing Risk and Attack! and various other strategy games and outgrew the ability of a sinlge house to hold them.

And yes, there's ALSO other stuff going on like Scrabble and Monopoly - that's why we advertise it as a board game/strategy game night. We simply want to provide a venue for people who want to find other people who have an interest in the type of games that they themselves enjoy.

Of course, a lot of kids graduate from board games to strategy games so having both sorts of games in the same location is rather a useful tool for growing the future generation of strategy gamers.

The cost is $5 per person and $2 for kids.

We kick off at 7pm and finish whenever the last game ends or midnight. It would be great to see any and all from the forum who want to come along. And yes, we do encourage you to bring your favourite game. That's what its all about.

Maplewood Hall is 92 Maplewood Avenue, Oxford Mills. It is beside the library.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info, Doug! I will definitely attend one of these soon, but this particular Saturday happens to have a conflict - it'd probably be almost 10pm before I could get there. Hopefully the April 12 session works out better in my itinerary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Ashby
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if this is still going? I kept meaning to go but never made it... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.