Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.rochestergaming.com/gameday.htm

Saturday, March 1st, 2008
11AM - 10PM Sunday
Godfather's Pizza
1611 16th St NW
Rochester, MN 55901

Need more information? Have a question about a game or volunteering to demo a game? Contact Wade (Schwade on the forums) or Jeff King (Darkwind on the forums) at deadly_future@therealm-rpg.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff King
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a really good gaming schedule lined up for this event so far; with room for an added game or two.

Starcraft, Descent (with 3D terrain), Vegas Showdown, Red Dragon Inn, Power Grid, Manifest Destiny, AT-43, Heroscape, Check Your 6! are all on the schedule; along with other games as well.

Like to role-play? We have 2 sessions of D&D, Mutants and Masterminds, & 7th Sea all on the schedule for this event.

So if you get a chance, come on out and play a few games with us. And if you get hungry? Well, we're at Godfather's so grab some pizza. ;-}

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am planning on bringing some games for open gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Schwendemann
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also planning on bringing various games for open gaming. There will be 2 tables dedicated to open gaming the entire time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff King
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure I'll have my cart of games with as well.

Of course, people are also encouraged to bring their own games to play on one of the open gaming tables.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff King
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been a few changes to the overall schedule. A game or two may have been removed, but several others have taken their place. All in all this is shaping up to be a great game day with plenty of games to choose from.

Starcraft
Power Grid
Heroes Inc.
Earthdawn
Descent (3D Dungeon)
Check Your 6!
D&D Forgotten Realms
Heroscape
Manifest Destiny
D&D Eberron
AT-43
Transformers Risk
Block Mania
Battletech
Mutants & Masterminds
Blokus
Age Of Empires III
Vegas Showdown
7th Sea RPG
Sword Of Rome
Shadows Over Camelot
Red Dragon Inn

All of this and 2 tables dedicated to open gaming and Michael running his table of various games.

I'm also wishing I could cancel my own games for the day so I could just play all of these great games myself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be bringing a playtest copy of Red Dragon Inn II, More Kung Fu Fighting and Fishing for Terrorists 2.0 with me as well for anyone that wants a sneak peek.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff King
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The board game Java has just been added to the schedule as well. Giving us a pretty full schedule overall throughout the day. We also have 2 tables reserved for open gaming all day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff King
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick reminder that this event will be held this coming Saturday!

We have a great schedule for this event. A lot of games I wish I had time to try myself. But I'm running a few things of my own throughout the event. ;-}

Come check us out.

Also, for those that do not want to pre-register for the convention via PayPal, we will have forms available at this event and the June 7th event and will accept payment and the form at the events. You will be added to the online system in 24 hours or less, at which time you will be able to schedule events to run or register for events to play in!

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Allen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'll be running a Check Your 6! WW2 air combat game using 1/72 models. Should look pretty cool....Zeroes, Corsairs, Hellcats, and more!

Also, I'll bring my Wings of War games and minis in case there is extra time and interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Forhan
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Looking forward to the event! I'm planning on hosting two games of Heroes Incorporated, and we're going to do a "win-the-game" giveaway: whoever wins each session will get a copy of Heroes Inc!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am getting pretty excited! Anybody want me to bring anything specific from my collection?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Sonsalla
United States
Rollingstone
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to playing Power Grid with a few others. I've only played the game with friends; it'll be interesting to see how the game unfolds playing with opponents who know the game but don't know everyone's style of playing the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff King
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael has started a GeekList of some of the games that people participated in during this event.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/29545

This was another great event for RGC. At the height of the event, 42 people were counted playing games and/or checking out games being played. For the entire event, somewhere between 50-60 people probably stopped in and played games with us.

Next Saturday we are also looking forward to the Post Bulletin newspaper article about this event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.