Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking today that I would like to start a guild to encourage crossover between two complimentary websites, theminiaturespage.com and Board Game Geek. The purpose of this guild would be to make a place for members of TMP and BGG to cross over. I know there must be many people who are regulars at both sites and there are often questions asked on one forum that would benefit from the knowledge available on the other site. I'm soliciting opinions on this idea. Do you think such a guild is a good idea? Is this guild allowed under the structure of BGG guilds? What would you use this guild for? If you think it is a bad idea, why?

Thanks,
Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Nicely
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would join the guild but I think any serious minis gamer already knows about TMP. Having crossover would be good for new minis wargamers but anyone that's active in the hobby already knows about it. The real trick I think would be getting TMPers to come over here. The boardgame forum on TMP doesn't get a whole lot of traffic (last time I checked anyway).

Why not just start a general miniatures games guild here and link on the guild home page to TMP along with whatever other sites you think are apporpriate? Painting tutorial sites, stuff like that. Advertise it over on TMP with a cross-posted thread. Just suggestions, you're the one dropping the 10 GG to get it going.

I would join either way just so I could brag about the massive amount of 1/300 fighter jets I'm about to start painting.

EDIT: As to whether it's allowed, I have no idea. Don't see why it wouldn't be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: starting a guild for theminiaturespage good idea? allowe
You wouldn't BELIEVE the "inexcusable" and faulty 'premises' that anything could become "unacceptable" for such! Leaving it to the "one-in-charge" for excreting some totally lame measure on it all, and they'll more than gladly comply! Just ask plenty of others about THAT!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.