Hide
6 Posts

AT-43 Initiation Set: Operation Damocles» Forums » General

Subject: Units Vs attachments rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Bradley
msg tools
Thinking of getting this game, one question - whats the difference between a unit and an attatchment?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Campbell
United States
Augusta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
units are boxed sets of regular troopers..attachments are the special weapons,command,and special troopers like medics and mechanics, cleverly packaged so you have to buy two or more of them to field a decent unit liked described in the army books...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
That kind of thing really shits me. The marketing department may think they're being really clever, but it only serves to turn me off making a commitment to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pk
United States
Richfield
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
It is crappy.

But in Rackham's defense, they are addressing this issue. Karmans are now logically sorted when you buy a unit box and an attachment box.

Hopefully, the next run of these models will reflect changes to the earlier armies as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hellfury wrote:
But in Rackham's defense, they are addressing this issue. Karmans are now logically sorted when you buy a unit box and an attachment box.

Excellent! How clever of them to do what they should have done in the first place. It's almost like ... respecting your customers!

Now I wish they'd stop advertising them with studio paint jobs (not even with the 'studio paint' label that was briefly on some photos, though not anymore) and use photos of the actual product you're buying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roberts

Unspecified
msg tools
Yeah, I was cheesed off by the packaging ploy as well. Turns out I didn't really like the rules anyway, so the packaging doesn't bother me as much as it did. I'll be using the figs to play Stargrunt II (now free online btw) and 5150/All Things Zombie so the distribution of figs in a pack doesn't matter as much as if I was trying to build AT-43 official units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.