4 Posts

Dream Factory» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2-Player question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lachie B
Australia
flag msg tools
Playing my first game last night I ran into a little problem when I ran out of contracts. As far as we could gather from the rules, for two players whatever you bid to win the contract goes straight to the other player. But when I ran out of contracts and my friend had the opening bid she could bid zero every time and win because I couldnt top it, and then I would still have no contracts.

Our temporary solution was to say she had to bid one if she wanted them and if she passed we threw the chips out because she didn't want to pass and let me get the chips for nothing.

Now an obvious solution would be to not run out of contracts and its not something I plan on doing again but im just wondering if anyone else has come across this and found a solution, or if we were missing something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Myster X wrote:
an obvious solution would be to not run out of contracts

That's it, don't run out of contracts.

I'm pretty sure this happened in our first game. I'm pretty sure it was me who bid all of my 'chips', and some pretzels as well.

We restarted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Burnett
United States
Victorville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this for the first time yesterday and the same thing happened to us. Fortunately, for me at least, it was my opponent that ran out of contracts. The solution, of course, is to not allow yourself to run out. The other option would be to not allow 0 contract bids in a two-player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan W
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But wait, how is this possible? If you bid all of your contracts and win, you are start player and get to start the bid for the next auction. A bid of 0 is allowed, and your opponent MUST bid higher or pass. Which means you are always guaranteed 1 contract the round after bidding all of your contracts. Unless I am missing something, since I don't have the rules in front of me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.