StarCraft: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Playing Event Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Campbell
Canada
flag msg tools
Hello,
So my friends and I were wondering about the playing event cards that is part of the regrouping phase. Mainly with the cards that say place in your play area, and strategy cards, do these cards count towards that limit of how many event cards you can play.
And what about that event card that allows you draw one event card at the beginning of the regrouping phase, does that one allow you to essentially draw two event cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Homing Pigeon wrote:
Hello,
So my friends and I were wondering about the playing event cards that is part of the regrouping phase. Mainly with the cards that say place in your play area, and strategy cards, do these cards count towards that limit of how many event cards you can play.
And what about that event card that allows you draw one event card at the beginning of the regrouping phase, does that one allow you to essentially draw two event cards.

You can only play one event card during the appropriate time during the regrouping phase. It doesn't matter if the card is discarded after use, goes to your play area, or is a strategy card - you can only play one of them. (Note, however, that USING the card in your play area isn't the same as "playing" it in terms of the 1-event-card restriction; you've already played it, now you are just resolving it).

The card that lets you draw an event card just gives you an extra one to pick from; it doesn't change that you can't play another one.

The only exception to this is with "The End Draws Near" cards, which you must play, and after playing it/them, you may choose to play an additional Event Card OR get a VP. (Note, however, that you only get to play ONE extra Event Card, or get ONE VP, even if you played 2 End Draws Near cards; this is per the FAQ, and my interpretation is because the second End Draws Near card is being played because the first one allows you to play another card, and the rules dictate you must play all EDN cards.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.