Switzerland
Täuffelen
Bern
flag msg tools
3B RULEZ
badge
3B RULEZ
mbmbmbmbmb
Last month my daughter Michelle turned 4 years old, and since some time now she’s showing gained interest into daddy’s games besides her own games. Together we opened many of these big boxes in the last few months and played around with the parts without game rules affecting our fun.

In the last few days my daughter was watching me repeatidly playing the online version of "Ticket to Ride" and I did not have to ask her twice if she’d like to play the real game with me. And for the first time we made a somehow challanging game out of it ...

So here are our “Rules”:

1.) We both took a long ticket and placed two of our railway stations to mark our start and end points. The tickets have been hand selected to make sure we don’t have ot use the same tracks in our first game. First one connecting the two cities wins!
2.) For the drawing of the cards we followed pretty much the original rules with one difference: The locomotives cards were drawn like the other cards.
3.) After drawing cards, building tracks was also allowed in the same turn.
4.) Tunnels were handled like normal tracks.

Michelle finished her tracks first, and like always she did not like the idea of winning or (to be more accurate) that the game is finished already, she immediatly started building routes to my endpoints and so we played a bit further ...

Given the fact that the routes have been clearly selected before the game started made the game easy enough for Michelle. Collecting colors to build the tracks also worked pretty fine. The only part that confused my daughter in the beginning was the train/joker thing which she does not know from any of her games ... but at the end we had a very nice time playing the game with a VERY proud daddy seeing his daughter playing her first game of “Ticket to Ride” ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.