Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Curtis Royal
United States
Fernandina Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that was an awesome session report, I just got BDS but haven't tried it yet.
you probably didn't get to work with the altitude rules since the game obviously went quickly for you (been there) with the two damage cards you drew, I am wondering how that plays out in game play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pathirtle wrote:
Roosterfish wrote:
that was an awesome session report, I just got BDS but haven't tried it yet.
you probably didn't get to work with the altitude rules since the game obviously went quickly for you (been there) with the two damage cards you drew, I am wondering how that plays out in game play.

Thanks. Actually, this is a much condensed version. Killing the observer and blowing up the plane were just the highlights. In the actual game, there were six or seven damage cards on the Ufag, and one on the Nieuport. The Nieuport also suffered a gun jam early on. But it was a very short career for Max's personalized C.1. The dogfight lasted about twenty minutes in gaming time.

We haven't tried playing with the altitude rules yet. I just got the game a week ago; we started with the basic rules and have been gradually adding in the special damage, aim and tailing rules. Max loves the game and wants to play it every day!

Does my heart good to see one of the good guys (i.e., the Dad-Team) win for a change in a Session Report.

Excellent use of graphics to describe what happened, and I'm glad to see the Wings of War series starting to get the recognition I think it deserves, especially with young players in the mix.

Sag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ik ben een kleine boefje
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
2006/2011 (Amsterdam - Maastricht - Apeldoorn - Den Haag -Delft) Vijf jaar dat ik ga nooit vergeten.
badge
Warning: Very handsome user.
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, really nice session report. You guys are really good in this, i like your work a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great report indeed! A real fun to read.

When you will be experst, I'd suggest trying with 2 planes each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew C
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Patrick - another imaginative session report. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pat,

(I'm wordless)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
abendoso wrote:
Pat,

(I'm wordless)

As was his session report! A pretty nifty trick.

Sag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gee...yeah...um...I'm missing something here...that cropping on the 4th picture posted, was it showing a topless pilot or am I mistaken?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Grutz
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The session report was by Pat Hirtle. For some reason, about a year ago he got offended by someone on BGG and decided to leave, deleting his username and all of his user content too. So all of these comments are about a session report that has been deleted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

In particular, the entire Session Report was images. There was not accompanying text so it read like a comic book and very clearly described the action that occurred in the encounter. As you can see by the number of thumbs, it was quite well-received.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Um I'm missing the report. Where to view please? Thanks!

Ahhh just read above post re offended...damn. Anyone got a copy please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Pat removed his materials years ago. You missed a good one!

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aw bugger!shakecry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Partizan242 wrote:
The session report was by Pat Hirtle. For some reason, about a year ago he got offended by someone on BGG and decided to leave, deleting his username and all of his user content too. So all of these comments are about a session report that has been deleted.

I come back here from time to time hoping...but nothing has changed. Damn sad. What a loss.cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.