Popular Tags: [View All]
Leone Fenzi
Italy
Genova
flag msg tools
badge
Winter is Coming
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Can the player owning the Graveyard claim another palyer’s District just destroyed (e.g. Palyer A destroys Player B’s Observatory and Player C, who owns the Graveyard, spends 1 Gold to claim the Observatory for himself) ? I think so, but just to be sure…

2) Can the Graveyard be “saved” using its own ability (i.e. Player A destroys Player B’s Graveyard and Player B himself spends 1 Gold to put the just-destroyed Graveyard in his Hand) ? (I think someone already answered "no" somewhere in the forums, but still...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon Snow wrote:
1) Can the player owning the Graveyard claim another palyer’s District just destroyed (e.g. Palyer A destroys Player B’s Observatory and Player C, who owns the Graveyard, spends 1 Gold to claim the Observatory for himself) ? I think so, but just to be sure…
Correct.

Quote:
2) Can the Graveyard be “saved” using its own ability (i.e. Player A destroys Player B’s Graveyard and Player B himself spends 1 Gold to put the just-destroyed Graveyard in his Hand) ? (I think someone already answered "no" somewhere in the forums, but still...)
You can only use the Graveyard to "take a destroyed disctrict" - ie. one on the way to the discard pile. And you cannot seriously claim to be having 'Graveyard' if it is no longer in your display.

Or in other words:
If you have the Graveyard, then it isn't destroyed. And if it is destroyed, you no longer have it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leone Fenzi
Italy
Genova
flag msg tools
badge
Winter is Coming
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
U.S.A., Earth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
Jon Snow wrote:
You can only use the Graveyard to "take a destroyed disctrict" - ie. one on the way to the discard pile. And you cannot seriously claim to be having 'Graveyard' if it is no longer in your display.

Or in other words:
If you have the Graveyard, then it isn't destroyed. And if it is destroyed, you no longer have it!
Well, this works assuming there's only one Graveyard in the deck, which I assume is the case

Also, reading the description here.... assuming you follow all other conditions on the card, I thought you can only use this to claim just destroyed or "freshly destroyed" citadels. In other words, the text doesn't seem to indicate whether or not you're allowed to dig through the discard pile (although that WOULD make sense for the 'theme' of the Graveyard)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Also, reading the description here.... assuming you follow all other conditions on the card, I thought you can only use this to claim just destroyed or "freshly destroyed" citadels. In other words, the text doesn't seem to indicate whether or not you're allowed to dig through the discard pile (although that WOULD make sense for the 'theme' of the Graveyard)
The destroyed card never reaches the discard pile.
The card text reads: "When the Warlord destroys a district you may pay one gold to take the destroyed district into your hand."

So basicly it is taken before it reaches the discard pile - or at the very least it must be the top card.

At least that is how the card was played during playtest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls