Neil Carr
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm selling of a chunk of my collection via ebay and I was just wondering how specific items end up falling into the "Hot Deals!" category within the ebay module?

I'd think my stuff would be a hot deal, as it all is starting at 99 cents, rather than the typical opening prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
3D board game prints: www.3dhubs.com/service/3dgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you add the auction to the Module on the BGG page. You can put up auction on the module yourself so it shows up when anyone looks at that game in BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Carr
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, all the auctions are logged into bgg so they show up on the specific game pages, and presumably somewhere in the module. I guess I'm just wondering what the definition is of a hot deal within the module? Is there anything I can do, or is it based off of activity or some other factor?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Hot Deals are generally retailers selling an item (in quantity) for a low price, and not an individual selling a single item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Lai
United States
Forest Hills
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skelebone wrote:
Hot Deals are generally retailers selling an item (in quantity) for a low price, and not an individual selling a single item.

he's not referring to the hot deals module, but to the ebay module and how you can sort by 'hot deals' 'recent' or 'ending'.

that said, i have no idea how the 'hot deals' sorting works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
skelebone wrote:
I've asked this question before, and even BGG Admins don't understand it.

This is not talking about the HOT DEALS module on the front page. It's about the EBAY module which has an option to click on "Hot Deals" just like you can click on "Hot", "Active", or "Recent" for Geek List modules. That Hot Deals is, I think, supposed to show the items that people might want or that are going for high dollar amounts. But I've never gotten an answer as to what puts one in the EBAY MODULE "Hot Deals."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I believe the Hot Deal items on eBay are measured by the number of bids that have been received on the item. From what I remember of some old auctions I had on eBay, once an item has 30 bids, it gains "Hot" status, because effectively several bidders are fighting over the item.

This is all separate from the Featured or Highlighted item statuses, as those are paid for by the seller when listing the item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carolyn Chiu
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How would we find you (or others) on eBay? It would be great to have that info, as have had some less-than-satisfactory game purchases from non-eBayers (eg. games supposedly complete, yet missing multiple pieces). Is there some type of link set up on BGG, by user? (sorry if this is obvious, but I haven't fully explored this site). Have bought games from BGG Marketplace with 100% success, so this would be another way to get the same quality control....

(edited for typo)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave L.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
skelebone wrote:
I believe the Hot Deal items on eBay are measured by the number of bids that have been received on the item. From what I remember of some old auctions I had on eBay, once an item has 30 bids, it gains "Hot" status, because effectively several bidders are fighting over the item.

This is all separate from the Featured or Highlighted item statuses, as those are paid for by the seller when listing the item.

A quick selection of the current hot deals shows that it is not based on bids. The current #2, a Descent figure selling out of Brazil, has no bids at all.

My best guess is that it has to do with the desirability of the game - perhaps by number of wants or wants-trades, or some slightly more complex desirability formula. There must be something else in there as well, because the three Twilight Struggles on page 1 are not grouped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.