Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenneth Bailey
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We decided to play a two player version of Axis and Allies last night. This was a re-match of a game we played last week. Again, I was playing the Allies and he was playing the Axis.

For the Soviets, I bought 3 tanks and 3 Infantry. I find that the 3 tanks are helpful in shoring up areas that need re-taking. It gives the Soviets a little more flexibility in dealing with new situations. I attacked Eastern Europe (or whatever the German Territory next to Russia is). I was sucessful and managed to take it with enough that it was a threat to other areas. I used my non-combat moves to shore up Karelia and the Soviet countries on the Pacific. I placed 3 Infantry and 1 tank on the Caucusus. The other two tanks went on Russia.

The Germans bought some infantry, tanks and a plane. Germany decided to go balls out and invaded Karelia and the Caucusus. They decided not to tangle with the British fleet (with the exception of the British Battleship at Gilbraltar). The Germans managed to take both Soviet territories and placed thier fighters on Romania or whatever the German territory next to the Caucusus.

The British bought 1 Destroyer, 1 Bomber and an infantry (I don't like to have money leftover). The British used the transport on Canada to bring the tank from there and an infantry from Britain and another Transport brought another tank and Infantry. We attempted to take over Norway and were successful. Our campaign in Africa wasn't so successful and the fighter from there flew to the Carrier sitting off the coast of India. For Naval Combat, the British Air Force and Battleship took on the German fleet that was sitting off the Coast of France. Both Navies were wiped out (which was okay by me). The Australian submarine went after the Japanese submarine. Both ships went to the bottom.

The Japanese bought some stuff (I don't remember exactly what). They went after both the American Navy at Pearl and the British Navy sitting off the coast of India. The battle against the American Navy went fairly well, leaving 1 Battleships, the Carrier and 2 Planes. The battle off the coast of India didn't go quite as well. The Japanese took out the British fleet losing their fleet in the process (1 Battleship, 1 Carrier, 4 Fighters). The bomber flew back to French Indo-China.

The Americans bought 1 Carrier, 2 Fighters, 2 Infantry. They launched their counterattack against the Japanese Navy sitting off the coast of Hawaii. This involved 2 Fighters, 1 Bomber, 1 Battleship and a Transport for fodder. The American Navy was wiped out, but so was the Japanese Navy. The American's also took over the Chinese province with Shanghai.

Not a bad first turn for the Allies. The Americans had the only semblance of a Navy with 1 Carrier, 2 fighters, 2 Transports and a Destroyer. The Germans were next with a Battleship and Transport. The British had 1 Transport. The Russians still had their sub. The Japanese had no Navy.

The Soviets bought 7 Infantry and 1 Tank. It used the 2 Tanks and the remaining Tanks in Eastern Europe to go after the Luftwaffe in Romania. The Soviets took it out and still had 4 tanks left. At this point the Axis Player conceded although I think he still had a chance because he still had a pretty potent German Army.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robi Rob
Croatia
flag msg tools
how did you know, so early in the game, that it's over? which signs? the elimination of fleets is a very big thing, but to be the point of no return, so early, i would never say so.

what's your secret? :what:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robi Rob
Croatia
flag msg tools
p.s. i just saw you're a pink floyd fan. too bad about wright. :soblue:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.