Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete Grey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question for the designer and/or experienced players.

I've got a handful of plays of this so far and really enjoy it. I was wondering if anyones thought of using a 7x7 grid to add a player or two?

With the 6x6 grid, the initial allotment tiles to 3/4 players is 12/9 respectively. With a 7x7, it would be 9.8/8.2 respectively.

I imagine the ziggarats would also need to be increased to 6/7 (or something) too.

I think 5 player is really do-able. Mayyyyybe not for 6.

Would this work?

Thoughts on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I only play UR with 3 due to excessive multi-player chaos with 4 players. The idea of going even further into the pit doesn't appeal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that with 5/6 players the situation on the board will change a lot before your next turn so you will not be able to plan ahead.

Also downtime will increase as each player will calculate the possible moves of so many opponents.

For me the best number of players is 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jbrier
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 3 & 4 player versions of this game are remarkably different, and I find them both enjoyable. I do agree that more than 4 players would probably be too much chaos and inability to affect other players far away from you on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Grey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As is, I realize that >4 would be too much.

But what about if an El Grande style of bidding on turn order was used?

A set of cards 1-10 (or whatever) that once played through the set gets picked up and used again.

Its something I've considered but not put into action yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.