Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Baker
United States
Ocean Springs
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Games with dragons, spaceships, and bears aren’t wargames. Call them conquest games or strategy games or crap but they aren’t wargames.
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the quickbar but I'm trying to organize its use. It would be great, from my perspective anyway, if the individual quickbar pages could be titled by the user. For instance some titles I might use would be euro’s liked, wargames, Napoleonic, etc.

If I’ve missed the boat and this is already possible please let me know.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where would this title fit?

As a workaround couldn't you just fill the first space with a title instead of a link?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Self Appointed Senator of Good Ideas
Other-South Pacific
Coming Soon
Castle GreySkull
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Place your cursor on 'QuickBar', click to edit your QuickBar. Type the title you want in the label space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Baker
United States
Ocean Springs
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Games with dragons, spaceships, and bears aren’t wargames. Call them conquest games or strategy games or crap but they aren’t wargames.
mbmbmbmbmb

Two ways come to mind but I have no idea of the programming required.

1) In the blue bar at the top of the page a title could be placed in the space to the right of word Quickbar. It would default to page one.

2) The best and probably most difficult would be to have a bubble show up, with the title, as you place the mouse cursor over the numbers. At least this way you don't have to actually click on the number to see the title.

I'll consider the suggestions concerning using a label. Only problem I have two pages filled and one nearing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
quentin1 wrote:
Place your cursor on 'QuickBar', click to edit your QuickBar. Type the title you want in the label space.

This is how you label links. You have no means to label pages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Baker
United States
Ocean Springs
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
quentin1 wrote:

I think he is suggesting using the top most label field as a title, leaving the URL field blank. Then the top left field on the main page under quickbar will show the title of the page. Not a bad solution except you still have to remember the title of all 10 pages or guess that page X is your page for Y.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
gbaker59 wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
quentin1 wrote:

I think he is suggesting using the top most label field as a title, leaving the URL field blank. Then the top left field on the main page under quickbar will show the title of the page. Not a bad solution except you still have to remember the title of all 10 pages or guess that page X is your page for Y.

Well if that is the case, blindspot stated it more clearly an hour earlier!

I see less benefit in that as 1) it takes away a quicklink from every page. 2) Once I am on my page 3 for example, I know what it by looking at the link titles. No need to tell me where I am. I want to know where I want to go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Baker
United States
Ocean Springs
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
No need to tell me where I am. I want to know where I want to go!

Agreed! And speaking as a beat up Saints fan this year I still remember that dubbing early in the season. We know where to go just can’t figure out how to get there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.