Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Basil
United States
Clayton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought this game and I am missing all of the viral markers and outbreak and infection markers. How important are they to playing the game. I have yet to read the rules because I am kinda disappointed.

I contacted Zman so I will let you know how customer service is too.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AB
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you've sent an email to Z-man I'm sure you'll hear back soon. From what I've read Zev gives very good customer service, so I wouldn't worry.

As for the game, you could still play it while you wait for Zev to get back to you but you will need to use something else (not one of the cubes, you lose the game when one of these run out) as markers instead.

AB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zman is one of the best in customer service. Don't worry.
All game companies have been superb in fixing the missing pieces/damages problems. I'm very impressed by the customer service in the non-mainstream boardgame industry. Very honest and kind. Hats off to them all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Kinlaw
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
It's likely you checked, but just in case....

Mine were "hidden" under the cardboard packaging that the cards were sitting in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What do mean by "viral markers?"

If your talking about the Cure Markers (which come on the same little punchout as the Outbreak and Infection markers) then they are very easily substituted.

All 6 of those markers can be replaced with something as simple as a coin. There's no need for distinction between the 6 markers because their position on the game-board gives away their purpose. The cure markers have different images on each side, but so do coins :-)

I'm only recommending this as a temporary solution. Contact Z-man for replacements, of course, but until the replacements arrive you should be able to get by with substitutes. Unless you mean that your missing the colored wooden cubes. Those aren't so easily replaced :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
kinkz1980 wrote:
It's likely you checked, but just in case....

Mine were "hidden" under the cardboard packaging that the cards were sitting in.

This is great advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Robledo
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Click my Extended Stats user Microbadge!
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably redundant, but mine were stashed under the card decks too. Almost missed them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Basil
United States
Clayton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I contacted Zman and they are going to be sending replacements. I did check everywhere, including through the manual in case they slipped in there somewhere, but no luck. I can't wait to play but will probably substitute till I receive them.

Thanks for all of your replies.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recieved 2 research role cards and missing a dispatcher role card. And I have 2 red vial/cure markers and missing a black one.
Strange mix to be missing. I'll contact zev on it, but I thought I would mention it here to see if it was an epidemic with other copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Griffin
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a lot of mispacked copies. Opened mine today and had 2 sets of black viral cubes, 1 red, and 1 yellow. I was missing the blue. I contacted Zev and he said he'd send the blue cubes out to me.

Won our first game on easy with 2 players (medic and dispatcher) Fun game, can't wait to play again. *used pennies for the blue markers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All my pieces are there, but one of the role cards has a noticeably "bluer" tint on the back. Fortunately these only need to be randomized at the start and I can simply avoid looking at the cards while mixing them.

Does anyone else have this problem though? It seems rather odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Silverio

West Des Moines
Iowa
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Contact Zev. Z-Man has great customer service. Emailed my list of missing pieces on a Friday and got them by Wednesday even over a Holiday Weekend.

(That was for Duel in the Dark last September)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
Fiji
Savusavu
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything seems to be in my box. Actually i have 1 extra blue cube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Robledo
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Click my Extended Stats user Microbadge!
mbmbmbmbmb
Zwerchfell wrote:

Hmm, I never counted my cubes (for extras or missing pieces). Im going to do that tonight since it actually matters for ending a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm buying one for my brother and his wife who is an MD, and I'm guessing I'll open it before giving it to him just to make sure. Betwixt the two I should have a full component list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zwerchfell wrote:

Hope to get my game soon. How many of each cube are there supposed to be?

Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob in Richmond wrote:
Zwerchfell wrote:

Hope to get my game soon. How many of each cube are there supposed to be?

Rob

24. The list of components is given at the start of the rulebook, so you are able to check that everything is there in correct quantities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Basil
United States
Clayton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow its crazy to hear some of the mix-ups that you have had. I actually went through the whole game to make everything else was ok and noticed I have some extra cards too! I have received my pieces and will play this gem shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just opened my game and looked through the bits. No missing or damaged pieces. Just thought I would chip in with props so this thread isn't all gloomy.

The overall quality is great! Off to play now.

EDIT: After more carefully looking through the cards, I did notice I have an extra Johannesburg infection card. Nothing is missing though -- I just have an extra. I suppose I'll keep it in the bottom of the box in case another infection card ever gets lost or damaged. I'll just use a sharpie to repurpose it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Murray
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just opened my copy today and am totally missing the blue cubes. However, I got 2 bags of the yellow cubes. This is the 2nd game in a week with a huge chunk o' bits missing (Through the Ages was missing the Age 3 civil deck entirely). Man I've had bad luck. What's with the packaging of these games lately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pitman
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
I had a similar experience; had 2 defective Pandemic cards. Zev turned it around rapidly, and this was during holiday time. Great customer service from Z-Man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.