Popular Tags: [View All]
Meng Tan
Australia
Bridgeman Downs
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bambino-Solo is the latest acquisition in my sub-collection of games I purchased for my almost-3-year-old son, and it has quickly become a family favorite. (Sadly, I'll have to wait a couple more years before he can play Die Macher ...)

This game is basically the same as Crazy Eights, or UNO. Players race to get rid of their cards by matching the color (suit) or number (value) of the card most recently played. What's different about Bambino-Solo is that the various card values correspond to animal caricatures drawn on those cards, making it easier for younger children to match cards of the same value.

Although the strategy involved is minimal - indeed, my son wins more often than not, even playing with an open hand - the game plays quickly enough that my sanity can withstand a few plays of this every day. I have also used this (and other games) to test and consolidate his number recognition.

The components are language-independent, and although the included rules are in German, an official English translation is available on the publisher's website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.