david woolley
England
Barking
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi.
Couple of quick questions.

1) Can an L/MG be carried by a squad ? Can only a crew carry an M/MG ?

2) If you have a stack of 3 squads and 1 MG and you use a fire impulse ,do you mark the whole squad ,remembering you still have 1 fire impulse left for the MG in that turn ?

As i'm not the brightest spark ,you may be seeing many more queries from me, for the foreseeable future !!

Many thanks.

A quick edit...Are the HPT and the cover effects table used totally seperatly ? They are the same thing surely ? I know this is fairly obvious but i just want it clarified by somebody else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mochara
msg tools
badge
mb
David:

Bear in mind that I am not familiar with the Basic Game rules, so anything I type is based solely on what I think I know of the full V.3.08 rules. I do not expect there are any radical differences where these Q's are concerned.

1) LMG are usable by squads or crews, at full effect.
A crew may use a MMG at full effect - that is, at full ROF. A squad may use a MMG but with ROF reduced to 1.
A squad using any support weapon must subtract 1GF from it's inherent GF value if they use a support weapon that turn.
Crews do not contribute their inherent GF at any time whilst using a support weapon.

2) Yes. Some ATS products include F2 and F3 counters to help us remember how many ROF have been used. Prior to these being available we would simply use 2 F markers to indicate that both ROF for a MG were used.

Not sure I understand the last Q. Maybe these tables are linked somehow in the Basic game. In regular ATS the cover states table tells you how many column shifts or DRM to apply when you make a roll on the HPT. Does that help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david woolley
England
Barking
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Many thanks Mo.
That has ironed out some stuff...there are bound to be more !!
Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.