Subject: a couple of questions about Geekmod rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ireland
Dublin 14
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always been curious about the following issues

1) What is the different effect that hitting "Approve and Recommend" have over the simpler "Approve"?

2) If I approve something can I put text in the comment box?

3) If an item is approved, does the submitter get feedback regardless of it being approved or rejected?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. "Approve and Recommend" is voting for approve, and giving the item a thumbsup

2. Yes. But i think the submitter only gets to see it if the item gets declined.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connie Gunderson
United States
Deer Creek Mesa (Littleton)
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nogser wrote:
I've always been curious about the following issues

1) What is the different effect that hitting "Approve and Recommend" have over the simpler "Approve"?

2) If I approve something can I put text in the comment box?

3) If an item is approved, does the submitter get feedback regardless of it being approved or rejected?

Thanks in advance.

#1, see above.
#2, anything you type in the comment box on an approved image is not seen by the image uploader.
#3, the submitter gets a geekmail saying simply that their image has been approved. A rejected image results in the submitter receiving a geekmail that says the image was rejected and the reasons that were given by the geekmodding group that rejected the image (including any remarks they may have put in the comment box).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cgund wrote:
Werbaer wrote:
1. "Approve and Recommend" is voting for approve, and giving the item a thumbsup

Nuh-uh, Approve and Recommend isn't the same as giving a thumbs-up.

The "recommend" part means you are recommending the image be considered for election as the game's "representative image". Clicking Approve and Recommend will send the image into the "Data" modding queue where it is voted on as to whether it should be the game's representative image.

Err ... i assume you're joking, right? But in case you're not ...

From the Image evaluation guidelines shown on the bottom of the geekmod screen:
"If you find a picture to be exceptional, you can approve it and recommend it (equivalent to giving it a thumbs up)."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireland
Dublin 14
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Werbaer wrote:

"If you find a picture to be exceptional, you can approve it and recommend it (equivalent to giving it a thumbs up)."

What does this actually mean. It is not a Thumb but "equivalent" to a Thumb. I could see how this could possiblely count towards the awarding of a microbadge for images which require a certain number of images with a certain number of thumbs but otherwise what? I looked at some reviews I had recommended and there was not Thumb there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Grundy
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Approve and recommend" is exactly the same as if you approve it and once it appears in the game gallery you go and give it a thumbs up.

If you submit an image or thread, it's available for viewing if you know the image ID or thread number (or simply click on "view your post" after submitting). If you refresh the page you can see the thumbs come in before the item is even approved, if people are clicking "approve and recommend".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nogser wrote:

What does this actually mean. It is not a Thumb but "equivalent" to a Thumb.

It's a thumb. I've used "approve and recommend" once, on this image:
When I looked at it later, I had already thumbed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.