Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

http://hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/range.php?range_id=34

I buy miniatures from these guys on a reasonably regular basis. They are great. While looking around a few days ago I came across the above figures.

I suspect that I will be picking up a set some time in the near future. Some of you who dont have the Scooby Doo monopoly set might find them fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hélio Andrade
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i'm looking for scooby doo figures to buy for some time, so i was interested in your hint. But those figures aren't really the scooby doo characters, only some resemblance to some of them (and no scooby!)

so, i continue searching...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
helioa wrote:
i'm looking for scooby doo figures to buy for some time, so i was interested in your hint. But those figures aren't really the scooby doo characters, only some resemblance to some of them (and no scooby!)

No Scooby is a problem, but the other characters are spot on, just different names because presumably they didn't have the rights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cferejohn wrote:
helioa wrote:

No Scooby is a problem, but the other characters are spot on, just different names because presumably they didn't have the rights.

Looks like it to me as well. I would've guessed those were Scooby Doo characters given the pictures alone with no context.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J
United States
Waterville
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
cferejohn wrote:
helioa wrote:

Looks like it to me as well. I would've guessed those were Scooby Doo characters given the pictures alone with no context.

If we pretend that the characters exist in that formless void that is the realm of novels or plays, rather than in cartoonworld, then we can imagine these figurines being cast from imaginary actors playing those parts and giving them different performances than in the cartoon version. What does James Bond actually look like? Surely not exactly like Sean Connery or Roger Moore -- those are just actors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadence Alvarez-Cooper
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an update for those coming across this thread now: Hasslefree now DOES make Scooby, too. Look for the figure they call "Hamlet."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.