Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: Ok, I need help with this site rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
brian butler
msg tools
Ok, so I'm new and I don't know how to sell things on this website. I want to sell my great battles of alexander deluxe game, but the marketplace thingy seems like there are alot of those games on there that have been there for a while...so I'm wondering, is this game not sought after, or is the marketplace not useful? I want to know where/how to sell this game!!!! lol I'm new so go easy on me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert C Kalajian Jr
United States
Simsbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The market place is the best (and only) well to sell on the Geek.

If a game is on the market for a while, there's probably not much interest, it's in bad condition, or it's priced too high.

Give it a shot. It's cheaper than selling on eBay.

Also, be patient. Flooding the boards trying to get someone to buy it will only cause people to ignore you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian butler
msg tools
I put my game on the marketplace, but I priced it too high and I want to lower the price...any idea how I can do that?

Also, thank you for the advice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnnycage46 wrote:
Ok, I need help on this site

Don't we all!!

The marketplace is very useful and used by a lot of people but it's a 'marketplace' and is subject to market forces. You might also check out trying to trade the game. Check the game page under the 'Statistics' section and it will list people wanting the game in trade. You might get a game you would like to have in exchange for this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnnycage46 wrote:
I put my game on the marketplace, but I priced it too high and I want to lower the price...any idea how I can do that?

Also, thank you for the advice

There is an edit feature somewhere in the market page that lets you do this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian butler
msg tools
awesome, thanks!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.