Subject: Cranium - boys vs girls - [session report] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had 6 people. It was blurted out that we may as well try boys vs girls since it was 3 on 3. Even if it wasn't fair, we had to do it anyways since it would prove interesting no matter who won.

Right off the bat, we couldn't do any sculpting CCs. Unfortunately, the game owner didn't tightly close the clay container from last go, so we found it hard and unworkable. Kind of a shame too, since at least 8 sculpting CCs had to be discarded. Hopefully soaking it something will enable it for future use again.

movement
beginners luck for the girls overall. In a nutshell.....
redtrain-1st quadrant girls rolled a green. For reference, that's one away from the purple brain at the game's "natural checkpoint" along the fast track
bluetrain-1st quadrant boys rolled a green.
redtrain-girls go to the first purple brain space
bluetrain-boys go to first purple brain

redtrain-girls luck out by rolling a purple and go to the 2nd purple brain
bluetrain-we get knocked off fast track and take at least 4 turns on the slow track on the green, 2nd quadrant

meanwhile...
redtrain-girls lucky out and roll a purple, completing the green, 2nd quadrant in one fell swoop
redtrain-girls lucky out and roll a purple, completing the yellow, 3rd quadrant in one fell swoop

bluetrain-we finally make our way to the end of the green, 2nd quadrant
redtrain-girls roll another green along the fast track
redtrain-girls move onto the end of the blue, 4th quadrant to the purple brain

bluetrain-boys roll a lucky purple and go directly from one puprple brain to the other, now finishing our yellow, 3rd quadrant.
redtrain-girls take 5 turns to complete the center

The questions
key:
Star Performer = SP
Creative Cat = CC
Data Head = DH
Word Worm = WW

* one I did

Among the 'fun stuff' I can remember.....
Of which many of the total # of challenges we did get, and many within 10s

boys
*SP - Low Rider
I couldn't do this one. I tried bouncing up and down as if I were riding a horse, but no go there. Tried to establish and differntiate high and low by pointing, but no avail either.

CC - radiohead (as in the band)
a radio on top, the ones that look like boomboxes
and a circle for a head with a hat on top let the other guesser get this one

*WW - mississippi
easy. This is practically an elementary school rhymn... mis-sis-sippi

SP - It's A Small World After All
Thanks to learning this in elementary school plus a Disney world ride

girls
SP - batman
eh. AFAIK, they kinda cheated on this one since she mentioned wearing a cape and fighting crime, but I wasn't really paying attention to the exact type of SP it was, so no harm, no foul.

SP - cocktail dress
Unfair advantage. The performer was wearing a dress, which did provide a nice visual cue. This took almost the full minute, but they got it.

WW - psychedelic
THAT was quite impressive to have gotten this one.

CC - watermelon with eyes closed
An oval with some dots on it, and after 3 guesses within 6s, it was theirs

DH - multiple choice (3) Mary Had A Little Lamb
One of the players played clarinet in high school, so that helped out in choosing one of 3 answers by looking at musical notes on a staff.

both
CC - eyes closed limbo
Nasty thing was this was an eyes-closed CC. After 5 minutes passing by (these club challenge thingies are supposed to be untimed, but such a long time, we had to stop), we tried doing it again with eyes open. It took another 3 minutes for someone to correctly guess it. The drawers did a good job, despite guesses of (game of) catch, see-saw, and war (a bunch of stick figures with scribbles all over... looked liek ppl getting shot and bleeding)

CC - eyes closed lipstick
Both team tried to draw lips. Then a rectangle for the stick, with attempts to make it look 3d, and even rounded at top. The girls got this one, but luckily it didn't help them, as they already completed a CC in the center
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.