Subject: Two questions about rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bojan Benak
Serbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My brother will soon come to Germany and I'll try to persuade him to get me "Duel in the Dark" so I need a couple of information from the gamers that bought "DitD" in Germany:

1.Is issue that can be bought in Germany (basic game and pack of expansions) also bilingual (German-English)?

2.Does issue that can be bought in Germany also suffers from "Mold problem"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The whole game is bilingual.

I think the mold-problem is grossly exaggerated. I bought mine in essen and it had no problem. It's becoming to annoy me that in virtually every second post about DitD is about that so-called problem.
Want to know for sure? Let your brother open the box in the store.

Enjoy DitD, great game and hard to find anything that looks better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Benak
Serbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanx for the answer

I've been at the site and at the "Shop" link some issues are with english title, some with german and some titles of the expansions are in spanish so I was afraid that german edition could be only in german.

Quote:
It's becoming to annoy me that in virtually every second post about DitD is about that so-called problem.

As far as I saw, only gamers from America reported mold so I thought that whole package could got wet while shiping but I wasn't shure so I had to ask for other expiriences.

I like the idea of the game, how it looks and the comments are generaly good so I will enjoy it.

Thanx again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome.

About the expansions: I bought mine in Essen and they are english-only. Looking at their site I suspect that these have prints in several languages, but even if your brother buys German expansions, it shouldn't be a big problem because all game-material is without any language (tiles, plane, miniboard) and the rules are online (not sure) or ask the designer who does a wonderfull job supporting his game.

Hmm, why didn't he answer your question...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Benak
Serbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsaar wrote:
You're welcome.

About the expansions: I bought mine in Essen and they are english-only. Looking at their site I suspect that these have prints in several languages, but even if your brother buys German expansions, it shouldn't be a big problem because all game-material is without any language (tiles, plane, miniboard)

Well, if the game components are language-independent that solves the problem

Tsaar wrote:

and the rules are online (not sure) or ask the designer who does a wonderfull job supporting his game.

Hmm, why didn't he answer your question...

He is pretty active here and that is very commendable (ifthatsawordforit). There are few designers that do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsaar wrote:

I think the mold-problem is grossly exaggerated.

No, it really isn't. This game should never have reached retailers, let alone customers, in the condition it was in. The only way to actually set this mold problem straight is to print a new run of the game, and anyone that bought the game should be entitled to a newly printed, non-mold edition of the game. Of course, you can't just start handing out free games, so people that claimed to have bought the game would have to send in their receipts showing the actual purchase of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Benak
Serbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By what I've read, mold problem is solvable therefore not that tragic. I was just curious how wide is it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scivias wrote:
By what I've read, mold problem is solvable therefore not that tragic. I was just curious how wide is it.

Are you serious? If a company like Milton Bradley had have published a mold covered game you people would be all over them, calling for their heads.shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dragon of blood wrote:
Are you serious? If a company like Milton Bradley had have published a mold covered game you people would be all over them, calling for their heads.shake

Who is you people?
Speak for yourself.

Have you ever had a copy of DitD in your hands or are your worries just based on hearsay?

yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsaar wrote:
dragon of blood wrote:

Who is you people?
Speak for yourself.

Have you ever had a copy of DitD in your hands or are your worries just based on hearsay?

yuk

"You people" are the Duel in the Dark mold apologists.

And yes, I've had two copies of the game in my hands. The first was absolutely terrible. The cards were actually moist, the rulebook was damp and littered with visible mold, the board was warped beyond any functionality and the smell was putrid. There's no way it did not pose a health risk.

The second copy was not as bad, but the cards were still damp and you could still see visible mold, with the mildew smell still apparent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dragon of blood wrote:
"You people" are the Duel in the Dark mold apologists.

Flamewar starting here, Mold Crusader?

And who are you to know what I would do if MB would do whatever?
I couldn't care less, but I do care that this great game is being harassed over and over again.

You are complaining, not me.
I'm out of here, final word is yours if you want to.

PS: I'm in no way affiliated with the publishers nor the designer, just a happy customer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsaar wrote:

And who are you to know what I would do if MB would do whatever?
I couldn't care less, but I do care that this great game is being harassed over and over again.

If Z-Man Games had have used a little quality control no one would be having this discussion at all, now would they?

It comes down to the fact that this game, at least for the North American market, was shipped in a completely unacceptable state.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esa Kujala
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought my copy from Finland and it was stinky version too, unfortunately.
Color bleeding and moisture was noticed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.