Subject: 3 worst archeologists ever rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philippe Keppens
Belgium
Meldert (Aalst)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Players: Ina (yellow), Bruno DJ (blue) and Philippe (red, myself)

With 3 players, the first year is really short. I had spend a lot of time taking shovels (got the first 3 that came out of the deck) and assistants next to special knowledge books and one of the two cars. On top of that, the little special knowledge I had, was spread over 4 different colours, with 3 being my maximum, so I didn't even bother to dig at a site. Bruno DJ went to Crete, but got only 4 dust (and off course the artefact of 1 point who is for the first player to arrive at a site) and Ina went to Egypt where she got two artefacts of 1 and also a lot of dust. As a matter of fact: this would be the trend for the whole game: dust, dust and more dust.

We all learned from previous games that congress cards can be important to win this game. Frequently the winner in this category also had won the game. Because of that people do crazy things to get them, because they know that when a card is flipped over and they leave it, it won't be there again when it's their next turn. Bruno DJ was the most lucky one concerning congress cards being revealed from the deck when it was his turn. But on most turns he had to travel for 3 weeks just to get them and he lost a lot of time getting them. And off course when Ina or I had a chance to grab one, we did! Ina could take 2, me just 1 and Bruno DJ would have 5.

Other remarkable thing about this session: Warschau was amazingly popular. I think that during the game the displayed cards were exchanged for over 6 times. Never seen that before. In previous games it happened maybe once or even never. Especially Bruno DJ used this option when there were 2 or more cards with general knowledge on, because he doesn't like those.

And then the digging itself: My first dig was my best. I sacrificed 12 weeks (travelling time included) to take out 12 tokens (thanks to my shovels). I collected 15 points and one special knowledge book for Crete. But all my other and Ina'a and Bruno's digs: misery, misery big time! Debris was the main thing coming out of those bags. Because of that it was also impossible for us to hold some exhibitions. For example: I had a lot of orange from Greece and needed just one purple from Crete to hold a small exhibit of 1 purple and 2 orange (which was on top, so I had some time to take it). So I went to Crete, where I had 6 knowledge points. Took 5 tokens out of the bag and got: 1 general knowledge book and...yes, indeed, 4 dust :s.

The game continued that way, so I'll skip more of that and go to the final scoring:

Points from artefacts:

red (me): 28
yellow (Ina): 27
blue (Bruno DJ): 14 (He had no general knowledge or assistants at all and he payed a price for that)

Points from congress cards:

red: 1
yellow: 3
blue: 15

Exhibitions: 0 for all the players

Knowledge majorities:

red, yellow and blue: all 5

Shared majorities:

red and blue: 6

Giving:

red: 40
yellow: 35
blue: 40

A tie. We never had that before, so we grabbed the rulebook, looked and found no tie-breaker. So Bruno DJ as well as myself won :s

Ah well, a perfect ending for a strange game with very low scores. I think we were really the worst archeologists ever!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.