Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob D
United States
Largo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I wonder if its going to follow the board game rules exactly or be more like Madden football with fantasy characters. Hopefully it goes by the board game.

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14219412.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
This game is coming to Xbox?

And PSP, and Nintendo DS, and...

Quote:
Interesting. I wonder if its going to follow the board game rules exactly or be more like Madden football with fantasy characters. Hopefully it goes by the board game.

From what I have read by the developers, the answer is BOTH. Play by board game rules, or arcade style.

Of course, with my memory's track record, you shouldn't believe me straight up. I am certain the board-game style will be in there, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sure hope it's WAY better than the old PC version from years back--that one truly SUCKED. yuk

Maybe they'll do it better justice this time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Morrison
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Any more info you can give on this, like what other platforms, what developer, etc? Very curious. It can only be an improvement over the old PC game, that's for sure. Truly broken, that one was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The studio is Cyanide. Current release date is 3rd quarter of 2008 and the original announcement said it would be released for XBox 360, PSP, DS and PC.

From what I've read so far 8 teams are planned for the game. It will have both a real time, and turn based version. The turn based version should be true to the board game, it will be based on the LRB 5.0 rules. They have gotten avid players of the game involved with Beta testing, so that will hopefully result in a better game.

Cyanide has their own website and forum to discuss the game, where they have mentioned most of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Morrison
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Indeed: http://www.cyanide-studio.com/

Cool! Thanks, Nathan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Davis
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyanide developed a game very similar to BB, called Chaos League.
It had the same types of teams and magic. It was a very good RTS, and I still play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update... looks like March 2009 now... cry

http://www.cyanide-studio.com/?rub=node&nid=696
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Martin
England
Whitstable
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaos league is the nuts, definately deserves its name of chaos, blood bowl will be superb simply because you can play it like the boardgame. i really cant wait for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.