Coburg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
FIS Franconian Gaming Club
badge
History teacher at work
mbmbmbmbmb
German online shop states that Eagle and Lion should appear in June 2008. It will include more than 200 miniatures, 142 unit bases, 134 cards and 4 double sided boards. http://www.cosimshop.de/blog/
Could be a great summer 08...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignazio Corrao
United States
California
flag msg tools
An Italian took some pictures a while ago showing some of the figures:
They will apparently be cast in Blue and Red sprues and they will include minis from several Italeri sets (but with and added peg to fit bases).

One picture showed a sprue with 8 different French Marshals/Generals/staff officers plus horses (excellent sculpts).
Other Pictures were of infantry: 8 per sprue with at least 6-7 different sculpts.

They will probably include figures from other Italeri sets, like Highlander infantry or the recently released British Light Dragoons (not to mention the innumerable French Cavalry sets).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignazio Corrao
United States
California
flag msg tools
Also, the authors mentioned in another interview that the second "Battles of Napoleon" game will features Austrian opponents.

It'll probably be the Italian campaign, as Italeri (their figures manifacturing partner) has recently released French infantry with Bicornes and early Austrians.

Those sets include a mix of different troop types like Grenadiers, Voltigeurs, and Jaegers (so they've been apparently specifically engineered for a war-game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Nott
United States
Warrensburg
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Good to finally hear some more news on this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update. I think the cover art is very attractive and the boards look good. I'd prefer blocks of figures in smaller scale rather than big 20s, but that's a matter of taste.

I do hope the pegs are large enough to make the figures durable, particularly since there appears to be a formation mechanic that would require some relocation of figures.

I mean "large enough" as in "bigger than those in Tide of Iron."

The ratio of bases to figures is large. That is a puzzlement, unless the bases themselves have to do with line/column/square formations. In such a case, the figures might only appear one per base as identifiers, rather than en masse.

Time will tell. Was there a display of the game as it will appear in play anywhere at Nuremberg?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.