Paul Dale
Australia
Moggill
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
badge
When will the die stop rolling? What face finishes showing?
mbmbmbmbmb
In a sentence, this game is fun, lots of fun. If you like the idea of Fluxx but feel that it gets bogged down at times, this is the game for you.

This is a great light filler game. The shortest game we've played consisted of dealing out the cards (two to each player), determining that my wife goes first, via a die roll, followed by her revealing a you win but only if you're female card. The longest would have gone about five minutes - maybe a little longer we weren't timing it.

The game play consists of drawing one card (making your hand size three) and playing one card. None of the senseless silliness of Fluxx where both of these can change within a single turn - often multiple times. This means the game keeps going at a fast pace the whole time and nobody gets left out for long. There are a few counter cards but they don't disrupt the flow of play significantly.

As for the components, the cards. They come in a plastic card case and are made of thin cardboard (almost paper) and are printed on one side only. Basic but functional. They come in two colours: blue and white. The colour makes no difference for the most part - there are but a few cards that refer to colour. The rules are printed on one card (which isn't used in play) and are very simple and mildly humourous.

As for recommended ages, all three of my children (aged 11, 10 and 8) love this one. The former two are good readers and the latter is about average but I think that younger children would cope providing that they can read. Likewise the adults who have played it enjoy it too.

In summary, a fast fun filler game with a high degree of randomness.

- Pauli
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.