Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
United States
Lyons
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found in the pile of mess that is called consimworld.

adamant wrote:

OK, I guess it is time to announce this. Knut has excepted a full time job and is not able to finish the art for this game. I am very sorry to not have Knut\'s art for the game but wish him the very best for his new career.

Niko Eskubi is picking up the work and, as I think it would be inappropriate for Niko to copy Knut\'s work, he is starting from scratch. I am pleased with the results so far. Still a lot left to do but here is where we are...

Comments are welcome but please remember, there is a lot left to go on this. We are only a few days in on the job at this point but I wanted you guys to at least see where the game art is going as you have prepubbed the game.

Adam requests that you not post this on BGG, but links are fine. This is hotlinked so I figure that complies with his request... The url for anything at consimworld is pure FAIL.

I think the map looks pretty nice especially for a first go at it... I hope they decide to put the kanji on the map too. Someone asked if the new art would set back the timeline, but Adam replied that the timeline is the same. I guess an unknown timeline doesn't get set back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pathirtle wrote:
I don't much care for the white boxes, but the rest of the map looks terrific.

I agree with Pat. The rest of the map looks great, but the boxes kill it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
White box fans will frown...the boxes are not done yet...missing the Mon and the clan color...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Sancy
Belgium
Zaventem
B
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Wow... I loved Mark Mahaffeys's work on Samurai Lords. And was sitting on the fence for AMDT, which is not a multiplayer. Now, this could change my mind. Nicolas Eskubi: "Yes, he can !". His first drafts for Breakthrough: Cambrai are wonderful too... What I like here is the economy of colours. A little bit less enthusiastic about the outline typos or the boxes'/borders' patterns. Keep it simple, readable and beautiful, without any unnecessary detail. But it's a matter of taste. And it's a first version, of course. Nice work !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kaufmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
And was sitting on the fence for AMDT, which is not a multiplayer.

you CAN play AMDT with more than 2 players!

A Most Dangerous Time details:

* Players: 2 (3-4 player variant)
* Complexity: medium
* Playing Time: 4 hours
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Boyo
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I heard the release/ ship date is March. Any comments Adam?????? devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Boyo
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
PS: I have never looked forward to a boardgame more than I look forward to getting this one! zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
March is now unlikely....too many games in front of MDT to be shipped is the problem...

Please be patient. This is my favorite Japanese game and I am putting in some extra love and care....sucks to wait but the end will be worth it...

Not gonna rush this baby...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilhelm Fitzpatrick
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... I had been grooving on the colorfulness of the previous map. This one does not impress me so far.

Oh well, in the end it's the game play that matter, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Boyo
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No rush Adam, I think we are all just greedy with glee to get our hands on it. Especially after Samurai Lords got pulled!cry

Cant wait to see it though!

PS. I'd prefer a more colorful map too. ninja

Danny

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
hmm it looks a bit bland...I agree the box borders aren't so good - are all cities the same? What about more detail such as mountain ranges, rivers, temples etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Boyo
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
it looks a bit leathery as is, does it not???arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Boyo
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Adam, can you please tell us how the Shogun and Emperor figure in to the game, if they do. And is there a possibilty to fight naval battles?

Thanks for any more info.

Danny

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Urbani
Italy
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new map looks great (except for the white boxes...). I just hope the counters remains the same as in the game preview: they're truly outstanding!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked the old more colorful map better. I guess my view is a minority one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Duglis wrote:
I liked the old more colorful map better. I guess my view is a minority one.

I, too, liked the older map better. But the map is definitely growing on me. I guess I was just used to the older map.

I am very much looking forward to this game.

Does anyone know if the counter art is going to change? If so, have there been any previews? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Denysenko

Rochester
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a definite "no-go" for the map. What I saw with Knut's art is exactly what I wanted from this game- bold colors, inviting design elements. I have to admit the above map is boring (not to be too critical).

I enjoyed the art of FitS since it was so different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Massey
United States
Teachey
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Casual wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
Pathirtle wrote:
I don't much care for the white boxes, but the rest of the map looks terrific.

I agree with Pat. The rest of the map looks great, but the boxes kill it.

Maybe circles would be better!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Boyo
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Any updates on map or shipping? cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Lyons
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uesugi Kenshin wrote:
Any updates on map or shipping? cry

Actually kinda...

Adam said this on that other place...
Quote:

AMDT is looking like summer now. Needs a gang print friend. Mark is working on the cards and as that is the first thing that goes in, when I submit that to MMP, the stopwatch starts. I will let people know.

Please do be patient on this one. It is my favorite IGS project and I really want it to be very special.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Boyo
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Late summer!!! I'll be too old to move the pieces around the map by the time this comes out! yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Boyo
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I like the looks of this map (as an example):

www.columbiagames.com/pix/3225-warsoftheroses-map-800.jpg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Pariseau
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very dry, boring, lacks the appeal of the earlier map. I'm still preordering, but this is disappointing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Lyons
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm reluctant to report this but Adam said on CSW that the old map is back in, as is all of Knut's art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Gallego
Spain
Sarriguren
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uesugi Kenshin wrote:
Adam, can you please tell us how the Shogun and Emperor figure in to the game, if they do. And is there a possibilty to fight naval battles?

Thanks for any more info.

Danny

Hi Danny,

the Emperor is present in the game, favouring players who control the capital, Kyoto. His favours are giving titles (changing the status of generals to Lords) and mandating truces, by use of event cards. The Emperor was son of Gods, all Daimyos respected him, sent gifts and tryed to have a place in the imperial court but no one cared about his opinion... not a problem because he was in a so elevated place that he didn't interfere, he was above all earthly matters.

The Shogunate was no more the leading power in Japan. Ashikaga Yoshiaki (represented in the game with his counter and Clan) had no power at all, he was Shogun because Oda wanted a puppet shogun, although it was a pain of Shogun to Oda (it seems that he was too proud to accept that he was Shogun thanks to Nobunaga, and hated him for that). In the game he's the only one (with Oda) who can send emissaries to all the map to try to "recruit" generals to his side, and he's an Anti-Oda 100%

Being in Kyoto he can also try to seize the capital, one must be careful of this guy. Oda can kick him out of Kyoto and exile him, but that can cause some of the greater Daimyos (like Takeda, Uesugi and Mori) to enter war early. Well, he can (by event) accelerate the entry of one of these Daimyos. During his "mandate" he was constantly sending emissaries to all those 3 (and some more) to create an Anti-Oda Coalition to smash Oda definitely.

Naval battles: there are sea zones, and armies who pass through the zones can encounter another enemy armies. In that case battles are fought, and are naval battles with his own rules. There is also an Iron Armored ship (long live Europe and his arms), and a "maritime" Clan, the Murakami Pirates.

Hope that helps to "feed" your curiosity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.