Alex Treacher
United Kingdom
Moorlinch
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been researching companies to order game components from and it looked like spielematerial.de was going to be the perfect one... at least until I read some of the "horror stories" like this one:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/218616

So, now that Essen is well and truly over, does anyone have any more current experience of this company? I'm loath to send them a large order if they're going to be awkward over it... but they do seem to be the one company that offers everything that I need.

Thanks in advance.
Al

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Spielmaterial.de - Any update on service/support/etc?
I ordered a couple of items from Spielmaterial two months ago. No problems at all.

You can also try: http://bedi-spielematerial.eu/

I ordered only once from Bedi but i had no problems either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered many times and never had a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Heine
Australia
West Launceston
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received an order from them to Australia a few weeks ago and had no trouble with them. I needed some game pieces for a game I bought through ebay that had some pieces missing and is out of print.

Overall things went well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered a huge amount of stuff from them about a year ago. ($500 US, at least 50 different items). A couple things were out of stock, maybe one thing was missing from the order when it arrived, which was quickly refunded. Email communication was very good. I would use them again.

(EDIT: Now that I recall, the stocking/order prep/delivery time was rather long - 2 or 3 months? Keep that in mind.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
You can also try: http://bedi-spielematerial.eu/

I ordered only once from Bedi but i had no problems either.

I just received my package today from Bedi. Ordered about 10 days ago, very happy. Box was quite beaten up when it arrived, but no idea where the damage occured. Everything inside was bagged up, so no chance of a part leaking out.

Just finished counting everything, and no shortage at all. In fact, got 4 extra cubes and 1 extra cylinder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Treacher
United Kingdom
Moorlinch
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, thanks for the input on that. I'm probably going to chance it on Spielematerial.de and keep my fingers crossed. Unfortunately none of the other manufacturers that I found (including Bedi) have some/all of the things I'm after...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am still waiting for my order. It is more than two month now? It is difficult to get a reply on your mails. Annoying, considering, that I paid in advance...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Чебурашка, ты настоящий друг!
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
Scheiß Inselaffen!
mbmbmbmbmb
I placed an order a few weeks ago, and received it within a week or so. And I was able to pay after I had got the goods.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Treacher
United Kingdom
Moorlinch
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I've taken the plunge and sent off my order today - with postage and insurance I expect it will come to around 90euros.

Updates to follow as and when...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Treacher
United Kingdom
Moorlinch
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The story so far...

I sent in the order on the website's online order form, the e-mailed in a couple of extra things that I'd forgotten, asking them to be added to the order. The following day I got an e-mail back with the total for the full order (including the extra bits) and we sorted out payment by Paypal. So far so good.

Postage and insurance was quite reasonable at 15 Euros. The total of the order was about ten Euros higher than I'd worked out since spielmaterial.de handles its price breaks to suit a higher total rather than a lower one. (What I mean here is that I'd ordered 500 component X, split among a variety of colours. The site states that there are price breaks at 50, 100, 250 and 1000 - which I had taken to be calculated on the total. It isn't - the unit price assumes that every item/colour combination is counted separately.)

Four days after placing the order I received another e-mail advising me that one of the items (a specific colour of one of the pieces I'd ordered) was out of stock and it would take around four weeks for replacement stock to arrive. I was given the option to replace that item with another (defeating the point of ordering it), cancelling that item (not practical since I need all the parts to proceed) or waiting the four weeks for the order to be dispatched. What I wasn't offered was the option of being sent everything that is currently in stock now, then having these 25 cubes sent out to me when they come into stock in four weeks time...

I don't mind the wait as much as I mind the fact that the company invoiced me and took my payment before even checking to see if they actually had the items to fulfil my order.

So now we wait...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Treacher
United Kingdom
Moorlinch
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news (mostly) and bad news (just a little)...

The order arrived yesterday, about two weeks earlier than expected. Splendid!

It arrived in a gaffer-taped game box with the address label stuck on the outside. I'd have preferred an outer wrapping to prevent anything going missing had the box been damaged in transit, but fortunately all was well.

Inventorying the delivery found that almost everything was present. One packet of plastic pieces was missing and (although it sounds trivial it's necessary) one single wooden piece of a specific colour. (Ironically the item type that had been out of stock.)

So I've just send an e-mail to the company to advise them and - hopefully - arrange the balance of the order.

The items themselves are good; the wooden pieces are well made and most have an extra piece in the ziplock bag. (I could respray a piece, but since I need the have the plastic pieces sent anyway it's not worth the hassle.) The cards are decent stock with a satin finish, weighty and nice to shuffle. They're a tiny bit scruffy where they've been cut but I think that will improve with wear as they're used. The plastic boxes for playing cards are great. The A4 sheets for printing your own cards are very nice, although lighter stock than the pre-cut cards, with a good neutral blue patterned back.

So far I'm reasonably happy - but a lot depends on how the missing item situation is dealt with.

To be continued...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lamog
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi!

I have ordered several times at www.spielematerial.de and everything worked out well. The servive was fast and friendly.

Yesterday I received a notice that they have opened an own forum and they are looking for ideas for comic of "The pawn family".

:meeple:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Treacher
United Kingdom
Moorlinch
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're nearly there (I hope)...

Got an e-mail reply about the missing items first thing on Monday morning. I'd said that I wanted to order a handful of extra bits anyway, so they might as well be included all in one package to save the company some hassle. A couple of days finalising the order and payment, and now I'm waiting for the second order and the missing bits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Treacher
United Kingdom
Moorlinch
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pleased to be able to say that this little episode can close on a positive note:

The second package arrived yesterday, containing everything as expected including the items that had been missed out of the first order.

I found dealing with spielmaterial.de very easy and straightforward. Sorting out the missing items from the first order required no significant effort - a simple e-mail was all it took, to which I received a reply first thing on the next business day.

It all went far smoother than I feared from reading some of the experiences of other customers. Ordering around the time of Essen might be different, I have no idea; I get the impression that they're a small company and could get rushed off their feet around then. On the evidence of my recent dealings with them, however, I'd have little hesitation in recommending them as a supplier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.