Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about chiming in when you get your copy (and when you ordered if possible) so those of us poor guys at the end of the line can drool and know who to harass with questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
Canada
Riverview
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think im about 860 or so on the order list, so it might be up to a month

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're probably still a month ahead of me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Stop the admins removing history from the Wargaming forum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I'm probably around 900 or so, at least thats my guess, maybe later. It has to ship to new zealand as well so it may be a while, I'm hoping about a month. I think thats about how long it took me to get case blue and that was in much the same position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know where I sit on this one....i ordered it back in Early August of 2005. Haven't seen a card charge yet....it had been so long since I ordered that I chekced with MMP to make sure my card was current.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure why but my submission to BGG covering TDC's debut at Conquest and the scenarios played was declined...

I guess all stuff will be on the TDC website from now on...http://www.dfwfront.com/dc/

COme on over and visit the forums. i will bail on posting over here so please use that site or consimworld for TDC support.

I don't want to type it all again today so i will report on what happened in Seattle tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
Canada
Riverview
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG is going downhill lately

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah Lau
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adamant wrote:
Not sure why but my submission to BGG covering TDC's debut at Conquest and the scenarios played was declined...

Having had legitimate wargame stuff rejected by Geekmodders myself, I understand how you feel. There's a few Geekmodders who just don't do the research... (maybe they're not wargamers?)

But don't let this discourage you from posting your session reports. I think BGG could do with some SRs on TDC. (Did you post them under session reports?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adamant wrote:

I guess all stuff will be on the TDC website from now on...http://www.dfwfront.com/dc/

COme on over and visit the forums. i will bail on posting over here so please use that site or consimworld for TDC support.

I don't want to type it all again today so i will report on what happened in Seattle tomorrow.

I've joined the forum, but please don't bail on BGG just cause some "people" declined your session report or whatever, you can submit it without moderation if you don't mind getting no geek gold too. It would be great to get support here, as BGG actually has threaded forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Deckard
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adamant wrote:

Please try again, because these submission anomalies are bound to happen on a user-driven site, but hopefully not every time. I know I look for your posts here and I'm sure others do, as well. C'mon, man, it's just a copy and a paste...

I would love to frequent Consimworld, but it is so hard to navigate and filter information, when compared to this site. I can't even figure out how to get nested threads displayed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lucey
United States
Ellington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MMP just left an update on CSW related to this game. Preorders officially started shipping today.

Also on a side note, look for the 2nd game (the southern half) to hit the preorder page in the next couple of weeks. More info can be found on the CSW website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill W
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmb
djflippy wrote:
I would love to frequent Consimworld, but it is so hard to navigate and filter information, when compared to this site. I can't even figure out how to get nested threads displayed...

I'll ditto that. I've been reading stuff at ConSimWorld.com since the site came online (~1997 or 98??), and before that the ConSim email list. Lots of good stuff there, but I finally gave up trying to keep track of wargames I'm interested in there when the 'Geek began having good coverage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Blanchett
United States
St Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

For me it reads:

I would love to frequent BGG, but it is so hard to navigate and filter information, when compared to CSW. I can't even figure out how to get nested threads displayed or update pics or what the cost of microbadges or...

Well, you get the picture. It's seems all what someone is accustomed to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gb1469 wrote:

Well, you get the picture. It's seems all what someone is accustomed to.

Been using consimworld for far longer than BGG has existed. And I still find it hard to find what I want at CSW. For me, CSW is just plain hard to use. Full of good stuff though.

CSW's a nice place to carry on a discussion about a particular game, and by and large a great group of people (especially with the access to so many designers and such). But, sadly, it's a poor site for using as a reference tool or to find the answers to questions already asked (BGG often suffers in this latter regard as well, but less so than CSW).

The content there is often exceptional, but the organization leaves more than a little to be desired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Windsor
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing like wading though 1,500 CSW posts to find the answer to your question. Apparently some people can navigate CSW, because I sometimes get a snippy answer, "If you'd bothered to check post #4323, then you'd know ...." yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M B
United States
Athol
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have tried to figure CSW out, but gave up and rarely if ever go there at this point.

Why would CSW, that has so many people wanting to use it, but are not able to, because of its user un-friendly frontend, not pay attention to people and change the way it works?

I have tired several times when someone says there is a lot of information on CSW for a particular game. I leave never finding what I was looking for, even if there is a link at times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since this thread has drifed way off topic, however if your interested in the reason the owner of CSW uses non threaded forums check out the latest point2point episode (thats episode 31) ant www.point2pointsource.com
To summarise
1. He prefers non threaded forums and will never change. It seems to me this is because he is used to having since he has been on the internet since virtually the beginning (or at least a long time).
2. He wants a point of difference from BGG
3. He like the idea of just having one long conversation
4. A few other reasons that are largely spurious to be honest.

The fact is some people prefer it, but for those of us that are used to modern forum structure, it makes it difficult, for those that are used to old style discussion groups it probably makes a lot of sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To bring it (hopefully) back on topic:

reports of received games have been showing up @consimworld (I hope that didn't just re-derail it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for letting us know. I can't wait for this baby, but I think I'm still a few weeks off, anyone charged yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Richardson
United States
Staten Island
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I got charged on the 20th, and the game was probably going to be delivered at work on Friday, but weather closed work down. It should be there on Monday for me (based on past history of when MMP charges me and when I receive the package). My pre-order date was January 4, 2005.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nrichard wrote:
I got charged on the 20th, and the game was probably going to be delivered at work on Friday, but weather closed work down. It should be there on Monday for me (based on past history of when MMP charges me and when I receive the package). My pre-order date was January 4, 2005.

The fact that I'm going to be waiting till I die for the line to get to me is somewhat mitigated by the fact that you're still waiting too.

By the way, I think I've managed to swing the die cutter purchase that you helped me figure out where to get the actual die(s). So, one again, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
graydo wrote:
Apparently they are behind and have only shipped 200 copies in the first two weeks of shipping.

They were barely shipping TDC the first week, despite the announcement. At that point, there were still a couple hundred outstanding VotG preorders along with the retailer orders.

Quote:
And folks who were billed on 20 February will be receiving their goods no earlier than 3 March.

Huh? Not sure where you're pulling this out of. Most people on CSW that received the game in the last couple days were charged about a week ago. Pretty much just the usual shipping time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
graydo wrote:

The fact I was billed on 20 February and the next possible delivery date is 3 March?

So by "folks" you mean you personally. Funny, but it didn't read that way.

Honest to God, the bitching that goes on about this game's delivery makes the ASL crowd look like a bunch of matrons at a Victorian tea party. The game will get there when it gets there. Certainly you have at least one other game you're interested in to keep yourself occupied another week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
Canada
Riverview
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm not too many games out there just yet still, but pics are starting to show up on CSW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It looks like we are still in the 2005 territory for the charging, at least judging by consimworld. Thats good news for me as I need to get the money together for this one still blush Oh well hopefully next week....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.