Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shane Walsh
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first time last night with Thebes was good despite some of the doomsaying this title has received - how would it back up as a 2-player , father pitted against 12 year - old daughter ?

This one played a little differently - GOOD

It took just over an hour - pre-teen has a bit of AP so - GOOD

Dad lost 93-89 - BAD

Father/daughter time had - GOOD

SECONDARY IMPRESSIONS ?

This game flowed and was more enjoyable as we had an idea of what we were doing and why . Interestingly , third move of the game , Dad having just gone to London and having picked up 3 special knowledge for Mesopotamia then revealing a like 3 card for Palestine in London (starts rubbing hands together in glee)then watches on as EVILdaughter slinks over to Warsaw and sweeps the cards away ! GAME ON !!!

The artifact draws seemed to even themselves out - I went to Crete first time out and drew 5 from 5 digs - but then had a disastrous dig in Palestine on my next excavation .

The artifacts score was Jacinta 61 , Dad 56 - more or less the winning margin although she out-Congressed me whilst I had 3 Special Knowledge majorities to her 2 and a slight advantage in Exhibitions .

All in all , Jacinta thoroughly enjoyed it and I did too . Seems pretty well-balanced with the minor variants we have used thus far and will see more time this weekend as we are off to the coast for a family reunion of sorts with a game-loving sister from up north and some other siblings who are avid gamers but just don't realize it yet !!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob McFadden
United States
Cherry Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Game night any night!
mbmbmbmbmb
Port Power 1914 wrote:
The first time last night with Thebes was good despite some of the doomsaying this title has received

Not really much doomsaying... it is ranked 78th!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.