so for my 2 player actions, can I:
- attack 2 places (2 actions or 1?)
- move all of my troops from different provinces where I have generals,
- influence 2 different tokens in 2 different provinces, if so, does this count as 2 actions, or 1?
I think the rules state: a player may perform any 2 actions or combinations of actions.
But can I perform the same action twice, or does 1 action constitute a 'global' action: ie. attack (all over) or influence (all over) or move (all over - from general provinces...)
we have said:
yes to movement from all general's provinces
no to 2 attacks
no to 2 influences (unless they are in the same province ie. with a ceasar.
What do you other geeks say?
The list of player actions is provided on p.9 (right column).
Each item on the list is then explained in the following section of the rules.
Some specific help:
1. Draw a Conquest card - may only be done for 1 of your 2 actions
2. Recruit: Purchase new units in a province where you meet the conditions listed
3. Buy Influence: Purchase a province token or influence token, if you meet the conditions listed.
If you use your Caesar unit, this action allows you to buy 2 tokens as 1 action.
4. Special Tax: Obtain more money by also getting more chaos points.
5. Move Land Units: Pick a space and move any of the units there, subject to the rules.
6. Naval Move/Battle: Pick a sea space and move any naval units you wish to that space.
If a battle is desired in that space, do it now too.
7. Land Battle: Pick a land space where you and an enemy have units. Conduct a battle.
8. Do Nothing
And specific responses to your posting:
A. 2 attacks would take 2 actions, assuming both are land combat
B. Move any/all units from any given land space where you already have a General or Caesar takes 1 action. You could do this twice for 2 actions.
C. The number of province/influence tokens that you can convert depends on whether you use your Caesar or your General. The maximum you could purchase (through normal actions) would be 4, assuming they are all located in a province where your Caesar already is present.
I hope you find this helpful.