Subject: Lack of storage space rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Bregovic
Finland
Tampere
Unspecified
flag msg tools
A little bit ago I played a two player game of Space Junkyard. We played on a 5x5 grid, removed 16 tiles from the game, and were adding 1 or 2 tiles per turn depending if 1 or 2 tiles were removed.

After the game, my opponent said that he was not too impressed with the game. His main complain was that he was lacking choices. On each turn, there was (in most cases) only one thing that was worth doing. I have to agree with this assessment. The problem was that he was lacking storage space for carbon (I was lacking storage space for alloys). With the ability of storing only 2 carbons, your have to collect carbon, build a section, collect carbon, and so on. I was doing the same thing with the metal alloys. Some sections I was not able to build because they required 3 alloys. Part of the problem was in the fact that most of the tiles we discarded were the storage tiles. After the game I counted the tiles. There are around 8 tiles for storing resources. We just saw one of them at the beginning, and one came close to the end. In a previous learning game similar thing happened with the radiation. It is not fun if my only option is go to tile number A and then go to tile number B. I do not think that I can convince my friend to play the game as this was not fun for him. Moreover, playing it with more players, might not be a good experience.

Any comment about this is welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilad Yarnitzky
Israel
Reut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
when playing a 2 player game with tiles removed you can encounter the problem you described. I still prefer the 6x6 grid even with 2 players, but some people prefered the shorter version. you can remove 16 tiles not so randomly, namely remove 16 asteroids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.