Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Banks
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if this has been discussed or suggested, but I couldn't find anything on it -- that is, some designation in the top part of each game's page that indicates either:

-- The start and stop year of printing, or (seems easier)

-- If the game is OOP

As it stands now (best I can tell), one must just "know" if a game is OOP, or manually search through a bunch of posts in the forums.

Would this be as easy to implement as I seem to think it might?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been discussed many times - but the problem is that BGG is worldwide forum and the same game is published by many different publishers around the globe.

So until the database will be split up into individual publishers (and subdivisions of these), it will not be possible to use a simple check box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Adrian Bolt wrote:
It could be put into the "Add More Information" section.
Maybe one line per publisher, something like First Edition 1980-1990, Second Edition 1995-1999?

This is a great suggestion, and anyone who wants to edit the wiki and add data such as this will be appreciated. On can see a great implementation of this in the entry for Acquire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adrian Bolt wrote:
It could be put into the "Add More Information" section. Maybe one line per publisher, something like First Edition 1980-1990, Second Edition 1995-1999?

A game may be reprinted several times without being changes, thus not qualifying as new editions. And a publisher may continue to keep a game in their catalogue in *some* languages/countries and not in others, so that will not be trackable via a one-liner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The Acquire entry is the theory on which the theoretical versions system will be based. Though it is yet in the planning stages, that is what is one-day intended for BGG -- to allow users to track their collection by what version they own, e.g. whether the 1963, 1976, or 199 version of the game. Now, for most games, versioning is mostly unnecessary, as only one version was released. But for games with multiple versions, any added information is greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.