6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Gaming headaches? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anni Foasberg
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to go to gaming events and play four or five games in a row, but I often find that I have a bad headache after just one or two. I don't know if it's dehydration or lack of food or eyestrain or what, but I do know that it is quite annoying and adversely affects my ability to make good decisions and get along with other players.

Does this happen to anyone else? If so, what do you do about it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john m
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ibaimendi wrote:
I like to go to gaming events and play four or five games in a row, but I often find that I have a bad headache after just one or two. I don't know if it's dehydration or lack of food or eyestrain or what, but I do know that it is quite annoying and adversely affects my ability to make good decisions and get along with other players.

Does this happen to anyone else? If so, what do you do about it?

Neck possibly from looking down at the table. Neck, shoulder, upper back. Get up from the table and stretch some. The same rules as for sitting at a computer except that you really can't adjust the game to your eye level like a monitor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Haskell
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember what your mother always told you?

Get a good night's sleep, eat your dinner and drink plenty of fluids.

Mom was right.

(Oh, and a couple of ibuprofens [Advil] will help, too)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could also be fluorescent lighting if there are fluorescents in the gaming event hall but not where you usually are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the gaming event at the same location every time? It might be an allergy of some kind.

Do you play games at any other location? Does the same thing happen after 1 or 2 games?

Does it happen with all games or just certain ones? I know I need a light fluffy filler or two after a 3 hr brain burner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anni Foasberg
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems to happen wherever I play, though fluorescent lights are disturbingly common.

Thanks for the advice, everyone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.