Daryl Wilks
United States
Peshastin
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Love one another."
mbmbmbmbmb
An unlikely band of heroes (Father, Nurse,Drifter and Sheriff) set out to Stock Up on weapons and medical supplies in the Gun Shop. An unrelenting tide of zombies set out to eat their brains.
Jake's resourcefulness helped burned through the hero deck but also drew a lot of unfriendly attention. As a result he was always under attack and on the run. Cats and their lives had nothing on ol' Jake as he dodged certain doom over and over again. He probably took 7 wounds over the course of the game that were either healed or prevented.
Meanwhile the Father had picked up the cleaver and met the Nurse at the diner to look for anything useful. Though tempted, the Father's faith held strong and they refused to admit it could be their last night on earth. Nurse Becky found a lighter and a can of gas at the diner, which could come in very handy...
Eventually the heroes amassed enough weapons to make a stand but could not locate the precious first aid kit they needed. The sheriff spend much of his time looking for pistols that had more than one shot in them. Despite the onslaught of brain-mad zombies and failing to take any out with dynamite, Jake's desperate search finally turned up a med kit. Now, if he could only live to use it. Nobody trusted him enough to take it off his hands and he no longer had the strength to fight off the enemy.
The growing light signaled that the end was near and all heroes made a desperate dash for the Gun Shop. Nothing but a wall of living death stood between them and safety now... And some poor movement... And some lost weapons...
Somehow the unthinking mob knew that Jake's med kit was the key to brains for everyone and they shambled after him. Fortunately Jake had shaved that morning, for he missed his end by a whisker - twice. Cleaver flashing, the Father came to his rescue in a holy rage, removing a zombie from its head each time it lunged at the ailing Drifter. Still, sanctuary was blocked at every turn. The quick thinking nurse tossed her can of gas into the throng and followed it with her lighter. The blast was deafening to those who still had ears. But their eyes could see hope through the rain of body parts. The way was clear! But was there time?
The Sheriff made it to the gun shop closely followed by the Priest. The Nurse was held up by a locked door while Jake could only limp to the door step. One last try for safety!
Final chance for zombies and heroes alike. One zombie tried to shamble ahead of the pack to put a certain end to the faltering Drifter. The faith of the father held back the abomination but put the good man on death's door. As the nightmare pressed in, Becky managed to get through the door and it all came down to Jake. Could the wily drifter bring in the medical supplies at the 11th hour?
Sure enough, another locked door threatened certain doom. They needed a miracle, and with his dying gasp, the Father asked for one. Miraculously, the door swung open, spilling the relieved drifter into the Gun Shop with the final piece to the heroes' stand.
The mindless rage and hunger of the Zombies had crashed upon the rocks of the Father's sacrificial love. And his final act had bought the remaining heroes another day to fight, to hope, to live...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A very fun read I must say, I really enjoyed it, my game has been held up , so I have to wait a while to get mine to the middle of no where, oh well at least I get to read of others game, thanks for sharing.

Sounds like it was a great game, right down to the end, like a movie you might say!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.